Microwave roasted spicy peanuts are a quick, easy and a healthy snack for anytime of the day. Serve it as an evening snack, after school snack, a light snack before meal or while watching television!
Theme for this week is ‘cooking with a given ingredient’ and today’s recipe is microwave roasted spicy peanuts. There was a list of ingredients to choose from and tomatoes were my first preference followed by methi, corn and peanuts.
Corn being the favorite and with grocery stores flooded with fresh corn, it was very tempting to do corn again. However, since I did corn in December, I ruled it out for now. Past few days we cut down on our rice intake and I did not want to cook curries, hence eliminated both methi ~ fenugreek and tomatoes as well. Therefore, I am cooking with peanuts!
First recipe is a quick and easy 5 minutes snack, spicy peanuts roasted in a microwave. Serve it as a snack or as a salad as a light meal. No matter how it is served, it is a wonderful treat for spice lovers! Few days ago, after a heavy breakfast, I was not hungry until 2:30 or 3 in the evening. That was an odd time for lunch and was looking for a filling snack. Peanuts are rich in fiber and it was quite a filling snack.
How to Roast Peanuts in a Microwave?
Roasting peanuts in a microwave is quick and easy alternative to stovetop roasting. Take peanuts in a microwave safe bowl, with or without oil and roast them for a minute. Mix well and roast again for another minute and a half mixing or shaking the peanuts in 30 second intervals. Evenly roasted peanuts are ready to serve in less than 3 minutes.
This recipe calls for roasting peanuts in the microwave however, stovetop also works just fine. Second, dry roasting or roasting with oil is personal preference though roasting with is my personal preference. However, dry roasting peanuts taste equally good in this recipe.
Microwave Roasted Spicy Peanuts Recipe
Microwave Roasted Spicy Peanuts
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ¼ – ½ tsp Oil
- ¼ – ½ tsp crushed Garlic
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp. Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp. Chaat Masala
- 1 – 2 tbsp chopped Onions as per choice
- Cilantro ~ Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Take peanuts and oil in a microwave safe bowl, and toss until oil coats the peanuts.
- Microwave for 1 minute, remove and toss the peanuts.
- Microwave for another 1 ½ minutes, tossing every 30 seconds to evenly roast the peanuts.
- When the peanuts are still hot, add rest of the ingredients except cilantro and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Temperatures vary from microwave to microwave. Use the cooking time as a guideline to roast peanuts in microwave.
- Dry roasting peanuts also taste good and feel free to skip oil.
- You can roast peanuts even on a stovetop or use pre-roasted peanuts.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Blogging Marathon: Checkout what my fellow bloggers are doing this week on blogging marathon page.