Pasta salad is a quick and easy meal to fix. Add veggies of your choice and a filling meal is ready in under 30 minutes.
Blogging marathon # 17 started last week with a new format. In this new format, anyone participating in a marathon has to blog for at least two weeks, three days in a row, every week. I did not participate last week but will be participating this week and next week. Unlike previous editions, in this new format, I will blog three days in a row starting today and again next Sunday, for three days in a row. For the first week, my theme is summer salads.
Few years ago, I was not a big fan of salads except for raitas, if I may put them in salads category. I gradually got use to eating salads and would not mind eating them every day, although rice is a staple at home & my vote is always for it, unless I am trying to cut down on my carbohydrate intake. We normally assume salads are low in carbohydrates and that is not necessarily true. It all depends on the ingredients we use.
Today I am sharing with you a pasta salad, quick and easy to fix salad but rich in carbohydrates. If one is looking for low carb salad, then this not for you.
I did not add any meats to the salad but served it with some sliced sausages. I liked the salad better with some sausages so would suggested adding some ham cubes or beacon or some sliced sausages to the salad.
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
Easy Pasta Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- 1 cup Dry Rotini Pasta
- ½ Avocado diced
- 3-4 Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1 small carrot sliced
- ¼ Red Onion (small) Diced
- 2 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- 1½ tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lime Juice
- ¼– ½ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ¼– ½ teaspoon Pepper Powder adjust to taste
- 1 Clove of Garlic finely minced
- In a 2 quart saucepan bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook it until firm, about 10 minutes. Drain the water, run it under cold water and keep it aside.
- Slice the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, salt, pepper powder, lime juice and garlic paste.
- In a bowl take pasta, vegetables and mix well. Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the pasta and toss it well.
- Taste the salad and id required, season it as per you taste.
- Refrigerate it until ready to serve.
- Refrigeration - Salad could become dry after refrigerating. Mix some extra mayonnaise before serving.
- Vegetables - I used avocado, onion, tomatoes & carrots. Use vegetables of your choice.
- Meats - I did not not add any meats to the salad but served it with some sliced sausages on the side. For meat eaters, would suggested adding some ham cubes, beacon or some sliced sausages to the salad.
- Veg Protein - For a wholesome meal, add. some legumes, tofu, paneer or cheese of your choice.
Thanks for adding your salad to No Croutons Required. It's a great salad, I could happily tuck in. I am writing the roundup now, so it will be up in the next hour.
Suma Gandlur says
Love both your dish and the pot. 🙂
priya srinivasan says
Very Attractive n Tempting!!!!Looks yum!!!!
Lovely refreshing salad.. I love pasta in any form
just the way i like to have it....delicious
Nice clicks Usha and lovely pasta salad and like that dressing.
Beautiful bowls in the picture. Never ventured to make salad with Pasta. Avocado dressing sounds yumm though.
Simple yet filling salad,looks so tempting...I make it often but slightly different way...awesome click.
Wat a super tempting and satisfying salad,simply loving it.
Pasata salad sounds like a wonderful idea. Nice clicks 🙂
Pasta looks so yummy...Once I made avocado dressing but without mayo n it was too delicious...
Loved those pretty bowls 🙂
Initially I thought of making a dressing with avocado and later decided to use mayo instead.
I like light pasta salads like this that are not drowning in mayo
Beautiful presentation usha, those bowls are so pretty!..Salad looks very healthy..I have never tried anything beyond those simple raithas..:))
Love the clicks Usha, I'm just like you, salads are not my fav but can eat just for cutting down on my intake. Nice idea to add avocado in pasta salad, super!!!