I am on a blogging marathon again, starting today. This is a mini marathon, a week long marathon, Feb 9th – Feb 15th, with a theme. My theme is starters and enjoy a virtual cocktail party, minus the cocktails, here at MySpicyKitchen and hop over to my blogging buddies for the main course and desserts! Don’t forget to bring your kids along, as some of the marathoners are doing a kids friendly meal and the street food. Bon appetite!
I am starting the first round of starters with some pita chips and a white bean dip. I bookmarked this recipes years ago when I first saw it on food network and finally made it this Sunday. I substituted parsley with cilantro, oregano with rosemary and added some green chilies to spice it up. This goes to Sandhya’s My Legume Love Affair #32, started by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cooked.
Source: Giada De Laurentiis
Total Time:18 – 22 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 8 – 12 minutes
For the dip –
- 1 (15 oz) can Cannellini Beans
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 – 3 Green Chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley Leaves Cilantro Leaves loosely packed
- Black Pepper Powder
For the chips –
- 6 Pitas
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano Rosemary
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil. I used one large and one medium sized cookie sheets.
- Drain and wash the beans.
- Grind together beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, green chilies, salt and pepper powder in a food processor to a fine paste. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 – 12 wedges. Arrange them on large baking tray.
- Mix together oil, salt, pepper powder and rosemary. Pour this over the pita bread and toss it so that all the wedges are coated well.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 – 12 minutes until the pita is toasted and golden in color. I baked for 12 minutes and the chips were very crispy.
- Serve the chips with bean dip.
I saw PJ doing “This day that year” in her posts and thought it is a nice idea to revisit old posts. I am following her..
This day That year:
In 2010, this day I posted Chicken Pulao
Follow my blogging buddies Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Sowmya, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Harini, Jay, Kamalika, Minu, Mina, Pavani, Padma, PJ, Priya Mahadevan, PriyaSuresh, PriyaVaasu, Rujuta, Saraswathi, Santosh,, Savitha, Shobana, Smitha, Srivalli, Suma,, and Veena