I am on a blogging marathon again, starting today. This is a mini marathon, a week long marathon, Feb 9th - Feb 15th, with a theme. My theme is starters and enjoy a virtual cocktail party, minus the cocktails, here at MySpicyKitchen. I am starting the first round of starters with some pita chips and white bean dip.
I bookmarked this recipes years ago when I first saw it on food network and finally made it this Sunday. I substituted parsley with cilantro, oregano with rosemary and added some green chilies to spice it up. This goes to Sandhya's My Legume Love Affair #32, started by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cooked.
Source: Giada De Laurentiis
Total Time:18 - 22 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 8 - 12 minutes
For the dip -
- 1 (15 oz) can Cannellini Beans
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 2 - 3 Green Chilies
- ¼ cup fresh Italian Parsley Leaves Cilantro Leaves loosely packed
- Black Pepper Powder
For the chips -
- 6 Pitas
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Rosemary
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil. I used one large and one medium sized cookie sheets.
- Drain and wash the beans.
- Grind together beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, green chilies, salt and pepper powder in a food processor to a fine paste. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 - 12 wedges. Arrange them on large baking tray.
- Mix together oil, salt, pepper powder and rosemary. Pour this over the pita bread and toss it so that all the wedges are coated well.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 - 12 minutes until the pita is toasted and golden in color. I baked for 12 minutes and the chips were very crispy.
- Serve the chips with bean dip.
This day in 2010 Chicken Pulao
loved the recipe for dips, happy to discover you
I subscribed to ur site,
unfortunately didnt get it well.
sorry for the delay.
thats a lovely dip for chips
White bean dip is my favourite dip and with pita chips it is just an amazing combination.
Sure looks crisp..Good one
Chips and dips looks yummy ...
This is a marathon that is tougher than a regular one for me 🙂 Homemade pita chips are so much better than the store bought ones. Looking forward to your recipes.
Love that crisp chips with that creamy dip nice recipe looks delicious...
Priya Srinivasan says
Very Simple and Easy to make!!! Looks very yummy!!!
Lovely and so tempting..will def try
The chips and dip is gr8 combo..
Nice theme and the chips and dip looks very inviting
Gayathri Kumar says
Chips look so delicious with the dip..
Chip and dip are favorite of my Kids.
slurp....looks so delicious,..
Looks very good and healthy and simple to prepare!
they do look so tempting..yumm
wow usha..those chips look so delightful!
This is great .. will visit regularly 🙂
Suma Gandlur says
A nice one to begin the marathon, especially with the starters. Looking forward for you next posts. 🙂
Mina Joshi says
Wow what a great dish to have as a starter. I love this recipe.
Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi says
Priya Mahadevan says
Looks appetizing and healthy! Cannellini beans eh - will look for it next time I'm at the grocers.
Its so delicious with yummy dip!!! love your presentation..
Yum, soo inviting dip..
I had seen her make this on the show. Looks good.
Divya Vikram says
Nice evening snack and good luck with your marathon!
Meena Thennaapan says
I love pita chips.
Bean dip is new to me
Looks yummy...love dips!
Looks gud Usha.
they look very inviting. Hmm wish i had some:-)
I wish I could have some of that now.
Looks so yummy! Will try this one day!