Last Updated on
This is the first time I baked peanut butter cookies. There were many recipes online and I followed a recipe from Food Network. Mr.U wasn’t really keen on tasting these cookies and I shared half the cookies with my cousin. Her husband is not very fond of peanut butter and he too did not taste it. But my cousin liked the cookies. This is my day 4 post for this month’s Bake-a-thon.
Source: Food Network
Total Time: 32 – 44 minutes (44 minutes if baking in two batches)
Preparation: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes per batch
Yields: 34 – 36 cookies
- 1 cup Sugar + ¼ cup more to roll the cookies
- 1 stick or 113 grams Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cup or 195 grams Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Grease the baking trays and keep aside. I greased one tray and the other I lined with an aluminum foil. Both turned out good. Also, I used one large and one medium sized sheets but I recommend two large baking sheets as the cookies expand a lot when baking.
- Take flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and mix it. Keep aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. I used my hand held mixture and used level 2 to cream sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and mix until well incorporated into the sugar butter mixture.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla extract and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and stir until well combined. I used level 1 to stir in the flour.
- Roll the dough into 1 – 1 ½” balls, lightly roll in sugar and place on a baking sheet. Place the cookies at least 1 ½ – 2” apart as the cookies will expand and will almost double in size.
- Using a fork, flatten the cookies. I made a plus mark using a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until cookies are done. My cookies were done in 12 minutes. I read the reviews for the cookies after baking these and lot of people commented that their cookies were done in 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Baking times vary from oven to oven and first time you bake the cookies, check 10 minutes into baking if cookies are done. My cookies were done in 12 minutes but lot of people commented on the source recipe that their cookies were dome in 8-9 minutes.
- Also, for chewer cookies bake less than 12 minutes. My cookies were crisp on the outside and chewy in the inside.
- Cookies continue to bake even after removing from the oven.
This day in 2010: Sauteed Fresh Barbanzo Beans ~ Sauteed Green Chana