Total Time: 40 - 45 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes (15 minutes for making patties and 10 for putting together the ingredients)
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes (5-7 minutes per batch)
Printable version of the recipe
- 1.75 lbs Tilapia fillets or 4 big pieces of fillets
- 10 Green Chilies chopped
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 - 1 ½ teaspoon Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil + more for grilling
- Cilantro chopped
- Cut fish into small pieces and mince it in the food processor along with green chilies. Need not process the fish to a fine paste, coarsely minced fish should work.
- Mix all ingredients to the minced fish, except the oil for grilling.
- Make patties of desired size. Make them a little flatter so that it cooks fast.
- Heat a grill pan or a frying pan with 2 tablespoon of oil. I used the frying pan.
- Once the pan is hot, place the patties on the pan and grill it for 4-6 minutes. Don't forget to flip the patties in between.
- I made them in three batches. Add more oil to the pan if required, when grilling the remaining batches of patties.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. I served it with some Sriracha hot sauce.
The measures given are approximate measures. Use these measurements as a rough guide. When I made these, I did not intend to blog it right away, hence did not bother to pay much attention to the quantity of ingredients. Fish measurements are accurate though.. 🙂
Beautiful Pictures. I love the "Fish" Sauce!!!
Niv Mani says
I'm sure magazines & Newspapers are going to be a bit careful about shamelessly 'lifting' content after the uproar that erupted today with cooks source magazine & its editor Judith Griggs..Maybe some one should start a blog page of shame listing these Plagiarizing (*^%R$&^%^@# s!!
Thanks to you and ur blog !! My husband, who was an alien to the cooking world, got inspired from ur blog and made the fish patties !! Today is d frist time I checked out ur blog, it's great !! Keep up with d gud recipes 🙂
Your new look is good. Not giving proper credit is really bad form and makes me cross. I really should work out how to put my name on my photos, but haven't managed it yet.
wish u happy diwali,..
Nice template Usha, loved the colorful theme.. the font could have been bigger as you said, but the organization and look is inviting 🙂
And really loved the playful presentation.. sauce fish is very cute!
Sushma Mallya says
Yummy patties, loved the creativity with the sauce...
I too had the same experience but I take it in the stride..look at the bright side, the pic was so good it got published!! Jokes apart, the best way to protect them would be to put our signatures on the pics but I am too lazy to do that. I barely manage to put up post. The fish cutlets look good. I like the small pattern of fish on the plate with sauce.
nd ya like the new look of ur blog:-)
never tried patties with fish ,look yum,..:-)
They do it because they think they can get away with it. But readers are more aware than they think!
Print magazines are more careful (unless they are from the TOI stables), and will, at the very least, acknowledge the oversight.