Total Time: 40 - 45 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes (15 minutes for making patties and 10 for putting together the ingredients)
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes (5-7 minutes per batch)
- 1.75 lbs Tilapia fillets or 4 big pieces of fillets
- 10 Green Chilies chopped
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 - 1 ½ teaspoon Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil + more for grilling
- Cilantro chopped
- Cut fish into small pieces and mince it in the food processor along with green chilies. Need not process the fish to a fine paste, coarsely minced fish should work.
- Mix all ingredients to the minced fish, except the oil for grilling.
- Make patties of desired size. Make them a little flatter so that it cooks fast.
- Heat a grill pan or a frying pan with 2 tablespoon of oil. I used the frying pan.
- Once the pan is hot, place the patties on the pan and grill it for 4-6 minutes. Don't forget to flip the patties in between.
- I made them in three batches. Add more oil to the pan if required, when grilling the remaining batches of patties.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. I served it with some Sriracha hot sauce.
The measures given are approximate measures. Use these measurements as a rough guide. When I made these, I did not intend to blog it right away, hence did not bother to pay much attention to the quantity of ingredients. Fish measurements are accurate though.. 🙂