The only country I know for Q is Qatar. So today, the blogosphere is going to be flooded with Qatari cuisine as I am almost certain all of my BM buddies are going to do Qatar for Q. Qatar is an Arab nation in Western Asia with Doha as its capital. Some facts about the country are; Qatar has world’s largest natural gas reserves and has decent oil reserves. It is a wealthy country and has become an influential player in Arab world. Qatar supported rebel groups during the Arab spring and there is also information that they support ISIS. Al Jazeera, 24 hour Arab news channel is based in Qatar and 2022 FIFA World cup is going to be hosted by this country.
Coming to the cuisine, it is similar to cuisines of other Arab nations. I made a simple beverage from Qatar and even considered switching my Zaatar pie to Qatar and doing something else for Lebanon. Then changed my mind and stuck to this simple orange flavored coffee. I am not a tea or coffee drinker but liked the orange cardamom saffron flavored coffee. I used Bru instant of coffee for ground coffee.
- 3 tbsp. Ground Coffee (I used 2 – 3 tsp. Bru Instant Coffee)
- Pinch of Cinnamon, about 1/8”
- Pinch (1/8 tsp.) of Saffron
- 2 Cardamom Pods, seeds removed or 1/8 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- ½ Orange Zest (zest of ½ orange)
- 3 cups boiling Water
- 3 – 4 tsp. Sugar or adjust to taste
- Add instant coffee to hot water and stir.
- Take rest of the ingredients except sugar in a tea infuser. Place it in hot coffee and let the flavors seep into coffee.
- Serve with sugar.