Last Updated on
Total Time: 40 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- 5 Curry Leaves (opt)
- ½ tspMethi Powder
- 1 Onion small chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Onion Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 lb Shrimp unpeeled (peel & devein them)
- 1 Green Onion chopped (opt)
- Cilantro chopped
- For Onion Paste
- ½ tsp Oil
- ½ Onion small, chopped
- ½ Tomato small chopped
- 2 Cardamoms
- 2 Cloves
- In a pan add all the ingredients required to make the onion paste.
- When onions turn golden brown remove from heat, let cool.
- Make a fine paste using little water.
- If you are in a hurry, skip the process of making the paste and substitute the paste with its ingredients.
- This mixture can be refrigerated for 7-10 days. I normally make this paste with 3-4 big onions and freeze it in small containers.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. OR you can buy the raw peeled and deveined shrimp from the freezer section.
- In a pan heat oil, add curry leaves, methi powder and onions. Cook for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and magic onion paste. Cook until the pastes are fried and onion become translucent.
- Add coriander powder, chili powder, salt and turmeric. Fry for a minute.
- Add shrimp and green onions and fry for a minute. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is tender, stirring occasional.
- Once the shrimp is cooked, remove the cover and cook until all the water evaporates.
- Add cilantro, remove from heat and serve hot with rice or roties.