Last Updated on
Who says we need a barbeque grill for enjoying grilled food? I don’t have a patio nor a barbeque grill. But I enjoy grilled food anytime of the year, whenever I am in mood for some grilled food. I use my oven to grill my meats and vegetables and sometimes I do it on the stove top in a grill pan or a griddle. When I saw this months Monthly Mingle theme Grill It!, hosted by Sig, I was hooray!!! I have at least two entries for this event.
My first entry is Tandoori Chicken, which I already have on my blog. I am reposting the recipe for this event.
Total Time: 2 ½ hours
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Marination Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 5-6 Chicken Drumsticks (1-1 ½ lbs)
- 2 tsp Tandoori Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ Lime or Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Oil to baste
- Onion Slices
- Lime Wedges
- Make incisions or big cuts on the chicken.
- Mix all the ingredients of listed under the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the chicken pieces on a grilling pan.
- Spray some cooking oil or baste the chicken with oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Turn the chicken, baste with oil.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion slices and lime wedges.
- Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Make sure you don’t burn the chicken or under cook it.
- I am baking the chicken here but you can use your grill to cook the chicken.
- You can use cut up whole chicken or only leg quarters or only breasts pieces. I personally prefer drumsticks.