I followed the recipe on the packet of Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies. The recipe called for semi sweet chips but I used combination of semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. I made ½ the recipe that was on the packet.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 8-10 minutes
Yields: 2 – 2½ Dozens (This is an approximate count. I did not count)
- 1 ⅛ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking pwd
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (I used I can’t believe it is not butter (ICBINB))
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar + ½ tablespoon (½ of ¾ cup)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar + ½ tablespoon (½ of ¾ cup)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips (ghiradella)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ – ¾ cup pecans (I used ½ c, after baking first batch I felt it was too chocolaty so added another ¼ cup for the second batch and it was too nutty.)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line the cookie sheet with an aluminium foil. This makes cleaning easy.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt together.
- Beat ICBINB, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until ICBINB (I can’t believe its not butter) is creamy.
- Add egg and beat well until it is well incorporated.
- Continue beating the mixture and gradually add the flour.
- Stir in the chips and the nuts.
- On a baking or cookie sheet, drop a spoonful of dough and bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will be soft. For more crispy cookies, bake for another 2-3 minutes.