Total Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4-6 Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Jeera
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 10-12 Green Chillies chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 15 cups Murmuras or Puffed Rice
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Cut the vegetables.
- Wash the murmuras and squeeze all the water from it and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add curry leaves, jeera and mustard.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add onions and green chillies and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic paste and saute for fews seconds and add turmeric and salt. Stir well.
- Add the washed murmuras and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes, about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cilantro and serve immediately.
- If you like peanuts, you could add some peanuts to upma. Add peanuts along with the mustard and jeera, and roast for 1-2 minutes until peanuts are roasted. Then add onions and rest of the ingredients as mentioned in the method.