3 ingredients sautéed English peas is a quick and easy side dish to serve with grilled meats.
Easy Dinner Dishes
One need not spend hours in the kitchen to serve a fancy meal. There are quite a few recipes that are quick and easy, and taste delicious as well. The theme for this week is easy dinner dishes and sautéed English green peas is one of them.
The other two recipes for this theme are cranberry dal and vankaya masala koora (curry). Both these recipes are great side dishes for rice and flatbreads. Sautéed English peas is great to serve with grilled meats and this is a nice light snack by itself.
How to prepare sautéed English peas
Last Feb one of the themes for blogging marathon (BM) was 3 ingredient recipes and sautéed English peas was a side dish for 3 ingredient pork chops. Along with the chops, I made sautéed peas with just 3 ingredients. Never got to post the recipe and it has come in handy this month as I could not cook much in last 3-4 weeks.
English or Garden peas, oil and spice mix or the seasoning are the 3 ingredients in the recipe and it is under 10 minutes recipe. Sauté fresh English peas in some oil along with spices, and a delicious side is ready to serve.
I made the recipe over a year ago and I usually note down the recipe right away. I remember doing so but unable to find the recipe. So, quantities listed below are approximate. I shall try to update the quantities once I get back and cook sauté english peas once again.
Sauteed English Peas Recipe
3 Ingredient Sauteed English Peas
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1 cup fresh English Peas
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add green peas and sauté for a minute.
- Season peas with seasoning and saute until peas are tender.
- Cover for few minutes if peas take longer to cook.
- If peas are not tender, boil for few minutes and then saute.
- Seasoning - Use seasoning mix of your choice. Black pepper, cayenne pepper also taste good.
- Green chilies and fresh garlic is another variation.
- Nutrition - Values listed are approximate.