Last Updated on
Starting today, I am doing a three day marathon with breakfast as the theme. For this theme, we need to cook anything that starts with letters E-N from this list. For the first day I have a breakfast that starts with letter ‘M’ McMuffin. McMuffin is a breakfast sandwich sold by McDonalds and there are many variations to it. Egg McMuffin is their signature breakfast. McMuffin consists of an American cheese, fried eggs and Canadian bacon on toasted English muffin.
The first time I made these McMuffins I used Canadian bacon and the second time onwards I make with sliced ham. We like ham better than the Canadian bacon. To get a perfect round fried egg, I used nonstick rings but biscuit cutter will work too. McMuffin is very filling and heavy. The day I made it for breakfast, I ate around 8:30 am and was not hungry until 2 – 2:30 in the afternoon and that day I skipped lunch and ate some snack.
Source: The Daily Meal
Preparation: 5 – 10 minutes
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 – 2 Eggs
- Oil for coating the egg ring and pan
- Butter to spread on the toasted muffins
- 1 Slice Yellow American Cheese
- Coat the egg ring(s) with oil and also coat the pan. Heat the pan and break the egg(s) and dropped in the egg ring(s). Lightly beat the yolk or tap the yolk with the egg shell. Sprinkle some pepper and a dash of salt on the egg. Do mind you, ham is salty and you may not need any salt.
- Add some water to the pan (outside the rings), cover the pan and cook on medium to medium high flame until the eggs are cooked. This will take about 2 – 3 minutes. I like well cooked eggs and cooked for more than 2 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside rim of the ring to loosen the egg and remove the ring.
- Put the Canadian bacon or ham in the pan and warm it for few seconds. I turned off the heat after making the eggs and add Canadian bacon immediately to the hot pan. That heat was sufficient to warm the bacon.
- Cut the muffin into half, toast and butter it.
- Layer the cheese, fried egg and Canadian bacon between two halves of the muffin. Serve right away.
- I made 1 egg for myself and made 2 eggs for Mr.U. If using two eggs, on one half of the muffin place the cheese, two fried eggs, ham and close it with the other half.
- Tomatoes and sprouts can also be used.
- For sausage egg McMuffin, use round pork sausage.
Blogging Marathon: Checkout what my fellow bloggers are doing this week on blogging marathon page.
Events: This goes to Valli’s Breakfast event