Cooking salmon at home has always been a challenge for me and it is always a disaster. I tried cooking it as a curry, tried baking it and grilling it. No matter how I cook it, it always ends up in the trash. It is always bland no matter how much spice I add to it, and at times, smelly too. Yesterday, when I was doing my groceries, the salmon at the seafood counter was fresh and very tempting. I could not resist and bought it, and planned to cook it for dinner. I marinated it with some garlic, chili powder, garam masala and lemon juice. But, I ended up cooking something else for dinner and my salmon was marinating all night. Today for lunch, I grilled couple of pieces for myself and it was awesome. I don't know if the trick was, grilling it in a pan or the right amount of spices or overnight marination or I was just lucky and got the best salmon. Whatever the reason might be, it was perfect to my palate and simply delicious. For the first time in my life, I was successful in cooking a delicious salmon at home 😉 I am sending this to Sig for her Monthly Mingle - grill it! event, started by Meeta of What's for Lunch, Honey? Salmon is rich in calcium, hence sending it to Sangeeth for her Eat Healthy: Calcium Rich event.
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 lb Salmon fillet skin removed and cut into 6 pieces
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Crushed
- 1 ½ -2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Lemon Juiced or 1 ½ – 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Wash the fish and marinate it in all the above ingredients. Marinate it for 1 hour. I marinated it overnight.
- In a pan, add some oil heat it. Once the pan is hot add the salmon pieces and grill it for 2-3 minutes on each side. I grilled only 2 pieces. If you grill all the pieces at once, it might take about 4-5 minutes on each side. Cooking time also varies on the thickness of the fish.
- I served it hot with streamed broccoli.
Here is the link to the Calcium Rich Round Up. This entry, Grilled Salmon, is selected as one of the 15 Best Calcium Rich Recipes. If you like this recipe, please vote for it. The poll is on the left side of the page and it is the 4th entry from the top. The link again is here. Thanks for you vote and I appreciate it!