Today is the last day of the marathon and I can't believe it is already over! When we started the marathon, I had second thoughts of the theme I picked and to my surprise, of all the themes I have done so far during the marathons, I enjoyed this the most. Also, to this edition of the marathon there is a twist. All the members of the marathon were paired and on the last day, we need to cook a recipe from our partner's blog, sticking to our theme. I was paired with Aarthi and I made Mexican Rice/Spanish Rice from her blog. I made this for lunch and it came out very good. I made one and half times the recipe and made minor changes to the ingredient list, with out tweaking it too much. I followed the recipe to the most part and it came out awesome!
I am sticking to my theme and am not posting the recipe now. I will only post step by step pictorial preparation. I will update the recipe very soon.
Total Time: 25 - 30 minutes
Preparation: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 - 25 minutes
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 small Onion sliced
- 4 Green Chilies cut into two
- 2 tbsp. crushed Garlic
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper diced
- ½ - ¾ cup Green Peas (I used frozen)
- ⅓ – ½ cup Sweet Corn (I used frozen)
- 1 ½ cup Basmati Rice (can use any long grain rice)
- 1 medium sized Tomato diced or 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 2 ¾ - 3 cups Vegetable Stock or water
- Cilantro to garnish
- Crush garlic and cut the green chilies. Wash the rice and soak it in water.
- Slice onions, dice tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin.
- When cumin is lightly roasted in the oil, add sliced onion and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add bell peppers, garlic, green chilies and sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Add sweet corn, green peas and saute for a minute or two.
- Add washed rice and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute or two until tomatoes are lightly roasted.
- Add vegetable stock or water and give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook the rice.
- Once the water comes to a boil, stir once and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pot and cook until rice is cooked.
- Sprinkle cilantro and serve hot.
woow well presented usha..looks yummy!!
Sushma Mallya says
Looks so delicious, lovely post!
Delicious and yummy rice
Perfect I agree with suma fantastic post..
Suma Gandlur says
This one doesn't even need a recipe. Most of your dishes in this marathon only need the ingredients' measurements. 🙂
Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal says
That looks perfect dear, love this one. Even I need to try this recipe of Aarthi 🙂
well done!!...neat cool post...absolutely no need for the recipe:)...cheers!!
Suman Singh says
Delicious and flavorful rice dish..I love this kind of one pot meal..
Yummy .. lovely Usha. Easy to follow with the pictures.
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli
Definitely a flavourful rice to enjoy without any hesitation..Enjoyed all ur recipe less picture post Usha, u did a wonderful job dear..
wow this looks so good..i know it tasted the same
wow this looks so good..
Good one.. I think just labeling the ingredients is sufficient to get an understanding of how the dish has been prepared. Actually I feel the pictures are self explanatory. Don't you think?