I had a planned on posting a mixed nuts laddu for the last day of ‘Go Nuts’ theme. Something came up and had to go out of town.
Before I left, I made this quick spicy almonds. These almonds are not very spicy but spice level can be adjust to taste.
I thought of making shallow fried cashews and changed my mind to make this microwave version of almonds. The pictures were clicked and edited in a hurry before I left. I am editing the post from my mobile and if there are any typos or jumbled up instructions, let me know. Here's a simple, quick and easy snack.
- ½ cup Whole Almonds
- ¼ - ½ tsp. Oil
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder (adjust to taste )
- ⅛ - ⅙ tsp. Salt ( adjust to taste )
- ⅛ tsp. Cumin Powder
- Take almonds in a microwave safe wide bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and toss to mix.
- Microwave for 1 minute, remove and mix well.
- Put it back in the microwave and roast for another 30 seconds.
- Mix well and keep aside for few seconds or a minute. Almonds will continue to roast.
- Serve as a snack.
- I roasted for a minute and then for ½ minute. I could hear almonds pop at the end of 1 minute and again at the end of 30 seconds. I would recommend roasting for 45 seconds and then in increments of 15-20 seconds until almonds and light brown and toasted.
- I mentioned approximate measures for the spices. Adjust to taste.
- Add any mix of spices to your liking.
amazing.. lovely click and love those serveware.
Lovely idea to roast almonds in microwave.
Priya Suresh says
Omg, this roasted almonds are just fabulous.. Irresistible.