Last Updated on
I had a planned on posting a mixed nuts laddu for the last day of ‘Go Nuts’ theme. Something came up and had to go out of town.
Before I left, I made this quick spicy almonds. These almonds are not very spicy but spice level can be adjust to taste.
I thought of making shallow fried cashews and changed my mind to make this microwave version of almonds. The pictures were clicked and edited in a hurry before I left. I am editing the post from my mobile and if there are any typos or jumbled up instructions, let me know. Here’s a simple, quick and easy snack.
- ½ cup Whole Almonds
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Oil
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder (adjust to taste )
- ⅛ – ⅙ tsp. Salt ( adjust to taste )
- ⅛ tsp. Cumin Powder
- Take almonds in a microwave safe wide bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and toss to mix.
- Microwave for 1 minute, remove and mix well.
- Put it back in the microwave and roast for another 30 seconds.
- Mix well and keep aside for few seconds or a minute. Almonds will continue to roast.
- Serve as a snack.
- I roasted for a minute and then for ½ minute. I could hear almonds pop at the end of 1 minute and again at the end of 30 seconds. I would recommend roasting for 45 seconds and then in increments of 15-20 seconds until almonds and light brown and toasted.
- I mentioned approximate measures for the spices. Adjust to taste.
- Add any mix of spices to your liking.