Spinach is one vegetable I make very often. I like anything cooked with spinach, spinach raita, spinach rice, spinach kheema, spinach dal and in soups, unlike U, whose first choice is always spinach fry. He would not mind if a gave him this almost everyday, for a fortnight! 🙂 That is how much he likes this fry. This is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared in minutes.
Total Time: 17 – 20
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 12 – 15
Serves: 2 – 3
- 2 6oz/170gms packets of Baby Spinach
- 1 ½ – 2 tablespoon Oil (I used 1 ½ )
- 1 small Onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 5 Green Chilies cut
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste (I usually use crushed garlic but today added ginger garlic)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (aprrox.) Salt
- Heat oil in a pan or a skillet and add cumin.
- When cumin splutters, add onion and fry till light brown for about 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chilies and cook for abut a minute.
- Add chili powder, salt, turmeric and stir well.
- Then spinach, mix well, cover and cook for couple of minutes. Remove the cover, stir again, cover and continue to cook until spinach is cooked. Reduce the heat if required, that is spinach and the pan are burning.
- Remove the cover and fry for few minutes until all the water/liquids evaporate. Once you add the spinach, the cooking process from then would be about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or with roties.