This is my first Sweet Punch participation and one of the sweets chosen of this month was Eggless Instant Chocolate Mousse. The other two recipes were Tomato Souffle and Chocolate Mousse with egg. I joined the sweet punch group just before Dasera and what better day to start off the new event than on Dasera! Hence, the sweet for this Dasera was eggless chocolate mousse. I also wanted to try tomato souffle before the deadline but never got to bake it.
Other eggless chocolate recipe is eggless chocolate custard or pudding.
Source: Nigella Lawson
- 150 gms Mini Marshmallows
- 50 gms Butter
- 60 ml Hot Water
- 250 gms Chocolate chopped into small pieces (100 gm semi-sweet and 150 gms bakers semi-sweet chocolate)
- 284 ml Heavy Cream (I suggest light cream or whipping cream)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan melt chocolate, butter, marshmallows and water on medium-low to low flame, stirring the mixture.
- I used heavy cream and the mousse was very heavy. The next time I make this mousse, I will try either light cream or whipped cream, which ever has fewer calories and fat.