Zucchini lime cookies are soft, moist and melt in the mouth kind of cookies. Lime or lemon lends an amazing flavor to these cookies.
Last Christmas my nephew gave me a cookbook, The Food52 Cookbook: 140 Winning Recipes from Exceptional Home Cooks. As the title suggests, all the recipes are from home cooks and of which, some are food bloggers as well. Kelsey, The Naptime Chef's contribution is zucchini lime cookies, which caught my eye, along with few more recipes. I baked the cookies on Friday and we liked them. Cookies tasted more like cake cookies or madeleines and perfect for a tea time snack.
Recipe called for lemon rind and I substituted it with lime rind, which gave a nice flavor to cookies. I baked the cookies in two batches and my first batch of cookies were bigger than my second batch. Depending on the size of the cookies, this recipe yields 41 – 48 cookies. I got 41 cookies of different sizes. I baked 15 minutes and the cookies were soft and I liked it that way. If you like crispy cookies, try baking for 16 minutes.
Zucchini Lime Cookies Recipe
Source: The Food52 Cookbook: 140 Winning Recipes from Exceptional Home Cooks
Zucchini Lime Cookies
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- ¾ cup Butter at room temperature I used ½ cup butter ¼ cup ghee (clarified butter
- 2 cups / 250 grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ¾ cup / 150 grams Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lime or Lemon rind or zest I used the rind of 2 limes
- 1 cup or 1 medium sized Zucchini grated
- 2 Large Cookie Sheets
- Keep the egg on the countertop for 3-4 hours to bring it to room temperature.
- I forgot to bring my butter to room temperature and melted it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven 350 F.
- In bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy & fluffy. With my electric hand held mixer, it took 2 minutes.
- Add egg and continue to beat for few seconds until egg is incorporated into butter sugar mixture.
- Add lime rind, grated zucchini and mix well.
- Now fold in the flour little at a time. I set my mixer to fold and added 2-3 teaspoons of flour at a time. Fold in all the flour.
- Using two teaspoons, make round balls of the dough and drop on to the cookie sheet. I had to bake in two batches. I popped the first tray in the oven and then shaped the rest of the dough for the second batch.
- Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 14 – 16 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Mine were done in 15 minutes and cookies were soft. For crispy cookies, bake for another minute. Do remember oven temperatures vary from oven to oven.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for couple of minutes on the tray. Then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.
- Baked for 15 minutes for soft cookies and 16 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Do remember oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Use these baking times as a guideline to figure out the exact bake time in your oven.
Like the recipe? PIN IT for later!
Recipes posted this day in 2008: Makha butta with ellipaya miram or corn on the cob with chili garlic butter
fabulous cookies - added them to my must try list
Wow zucchini and lime in cookies,thats soo marvellous and quite irresistible.
I had also bookmarked these cookies, because it was different with a veggie, yours have come out really well, lovely and beautiful clicks dear
am yet to bake sweet treats with vegetables. this looks really good. never knew cookies could be baked with zuchini...
Vardhini Koushik says
Different cookies Usha :). Gorgeous clicks.
Event: Only Vegan