Spinach Pesto Sandwich
Last week I made some spinach pesto for the marathon. I used the pesto to make some pasta salad and I have been using the leftover pesto to for sandwiches. Although I made the pesto a week ago, it is still fresh. I also have some left over cream cheese that I bought for the cream stuffed cucumbers. I mixed equal quantities of cream cheese and pesto to make a spread for the sandwich. It tasted like the green chutney that is used to make simple sandwiches back home. I made these sandwiches 2-3 times in the past few days and it was my lunch this afternoon.
Preparation: 5 minutes
- 2 Bread Slices (I used white bread)
- 3/4 – 1 tbsp. Spinach Pesto
- 3/4 – 1 tbsp. fat free Cream Cheese (adjust to your liking or skip it if you want to)
- Few Cucumber slices
- Few Red Onion slices
- Few Tomato Slices
- Lightly toast the bread slices in a toaster or in a pan. I like to toast the bread before making a sandwich. This step can be skipped depending on individual preference.
- Mix spinach pesto and cream cheese.
- Spread it on one side of each slice.
- Sandwich tomato, cucumber and onion slices between the two bread slice.
- Press the sandwich firmly and cut it diagonally into 2 pieces, using a knife.