Mini cucumber sandwiches are 3 ingredient, under 10 minutes finger food, kids friendly snack and a light meal.
How About Elevenses?
‘How about elevenses’ is this week’s theme. Elevenses is a short refreshments break, taken around 11am. The first recipe for this theme was fresh cranberry pecan brownies and today, how about mini cucumber sandwiches for elevenses?
Why Mini Cucumber Sandwiches?
3 ingredients, under 10 minutes, quick and easy cucumber sandwiches make a great snack and a light meal for any time of the day. Hence makes a perfect finger food for short refreshment breaks like elevenses, tea time snacks or any party, as a matter of fact.
How to make Mini Cucumber Sandwiches?
Smear some cream cheese on one side of bread slices and sandwich them with some cucumber slices. Trim the edges, cut into 4 squares and dig in or refrigerate until ready to serve. It is as simple as that and a great make ahead food! These sandwiches are great to pack to school, for lunch boxes and for picnics.
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 slices of Sandwich Bread
- Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 Mini Cucumber sliced
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice.
- Arrange cucumber slices on one slice of creamed bread. Depending on the thickness of the cucumber slices, arrange in one or two layers.
Close the sandwich with the other slice.
- Gently press the sandwich.
Trim the edges of the sandwich and cut into 4 squares.
Serve immediately or cover the sandwiches and the refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use any brand and flavor of cream cheese.
- For a variation and for some heat, sprinkle some pepper powder or hot sauce on cucumber slices or on one of the bread slices.
Like the recipe, Pin It.
This day in:
2011 – Spinach Orange Soup
2012 – Fruit Salad with Chocolate Custard
2017 – Basundi ~ Creamy Milk Dessert
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#96