Mini cucumber sandwiches are 3 ingredient, under 10 minutes finger food, kids friendly snack and a light meal.
Table of contents
How About Elevenses?
‘How about elevenses’ is this week’s theme. Elevenses is a short refreshments break, taken around 11am. The first recipe for this theme was fresh cranberry pecan brownies and today, how about mini cucumber sandwiches for elevenses?
Why Mini Sandwiches?
3 ingredients, under 10 minutes, quick and easy cucumber sandwiches make a great snack and a light meal for any time of the day. Hence makes a perfect finger food for short refreshment breaks like elevenses, tea time snacks or any party, as a matter of fact.
How to make?
Smear some cream cheese on one side of bread slices and sandwich them with some cucumber slices. Trim the edges, cut into 4 squares and dig in or refrigerate until ready to serve. It is as simple as that and a great make ahead food! These sandwiches are great to pack to school, for lunch boxes and for picnics.
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
- 2 slices of Sandwich Bread
- Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 Mini Cucumber sliced
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice.
- Arrange cucumber slices on one slice of creamed bread. Depending on the thickness of the cucumber slices, arrange in one or two layers.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice.
- Gently press the sandwich.
- Trim the edges of the sandwich and cut into 4 squares.
- Serve immediately or cover the sandwiches and the refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use any brand and flavor of cream cheese.
- For a variation and for some heat, sprinkle some pepper powder or hot sauce on cucumber slices or on one of the bread slices.
- Nutrition – Values are approximate.