Mini cucumber sandwiches are 3 ingredient, under 10 minutes finger food, kids friendly snack and a light meal.
Table of contents
How About Elevenses?
'How about elevenses' is this week's theme. Elevenses is a short refreshments break, taken around 11am. The first recipe for this theme was fresh cranberry pecan brownies and today, how about mini cucumber sandwiches for elevenses?
Why Mini Sandwiches?
3 ingredients, under 10 minutes, quick and easy cucumber sandwiches make a great snack and a light meal for any time of the day. Hence makes a perfect finger food for short refreshment breaks like elevenses, tea time snacks or any party, as a matter of fact.
How to make?
Smear some cream cheese on one side of bread slices and sandwich them with some cucumber slices. Trim the edges, cut into 4 squares and dig in or refrigerate until ready to serve. It is as simple as that and a great make ahead food! These sandwiches are great to pack to school, for lunch boxes and for picnics.
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
- 2 slices of Sandwich Bread
- Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 Mini Cucumber sliced
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice.
- Arrange cucumber slices on one slice of creamed bread. Depending on the thickness of the cucumber slices, arrange in one or two layers.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice.
- Gently press the sandwich.
- Trim the edges of the sandwich and cut into 4 squares.
- Serve immediately or cover the sandwiches and the refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use any brand and flavor of cream cheese.
- For a variation and for some heat, sprinkle some pepper powder or hot sauce on cucumber slices or on one of the bread slices.
- Nutrition - Values are approximate.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Wow such a simple and yummy sandwich. Will try this for my son's lunch, simply running out of ideas.
Gayathri Kumar says
These tiny sandwiches are super cute. And the cucumber adds a wonderful colour to them.
Suma Gandlur says
Those cucumber sandwiches look cute and are perfect for any tea time meal.
I love these sandwiches and I bet any tea party is incomplete with these. Beautiful pictures too.
Usha, those mini sandwiches look so cute and so easy to make. Perfect to eat any time of the day 🙂
These mini sandwiches look so cute. This is a tasty and easy to make snack.
I am a fan of these sandwiches, I prefer them chilled so it’s more of a summer treat. Love your presentation. The clicks are beautiful!
The sandwiches looks so pretty. Such a quick snack that’s even kids can do it. Love it. Am going to make this for kids tomorrow for snack. Thanks for the recipe.
Oh gosh those pictures are so pretty and so nicely composed Usha, makes me want to grab those sandwiches right away!
Vaishali Sabnani says
I love cucumbers and a sandwich with these is absolutely my kind of snack for Elevenses . Very well presented .
I love these and just made this for my kids this morn for their snack box ! Loved the brick wall backdrop in the first pic, usha ! Is that a decal sticker or a real wall ?
The sandwiches look very cute and should make a perfect snack either mid morning or in the afternoon.