Almond chocolate chip dip is an edible cookie dough dessert dip. It has the goodness of cookie mixed with cream cheese, an addictive sweet dip. Great addition to your dessert bar and also an appetizer for any occasion.
Table of contents
About the Recipe
Cream cheese is a great base for sweet dips and mixing it with cookie dough ingredients minus the flour is an addictive edible cookie dough dip. Almond chocolate chip cookie dip has a strong cream cheese flavor as well as the taste of cookie dough.
Is Cookie Dough Dip Edible?
In edible dough dips, almond flour is a good substitute for all purpose flour. Almonds are healthy, nutritious and edible. Almonds also make a great butter. Therefore, I used yesterday’s orange almond butter in the recipe to cut down on butter fat and also to get a slightly thick textured dip.
How to Serve Dessert Dips?
Serve almond choco chip dip with graham crackers, Nilla wafer, pretzels, apples and strawberries. Serve it as a snack or as a dessert with some fruits after a heavy meal.
This dessert dip is a quick and easy recipe, and takes 5 minutes or less than 10 minutes to put it together. It is a make ahead recipe and a great one to have on your get together menus.
Prepare it a day ahead and refrigerator until ready to serve. 5-10 minutes before serving, remove from the refrigerator and leave it on the counter top. This brings it to room temperature.
Serve it with crackers as a starter or as a dessert with some fruits. Regardless of how it is served, it is one of those must have condiment on the menu as it is so easy to prepare and off course tastes wonderful!
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Beater or a Whisk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Orange Almond Butter or Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ – ⅓ cup Mini Semi Chocolate Chips
- Take cream cheese, almond butter, butter, light and brown sugars in a bowl and beat for a couple of minutes with a handheld mixies, until smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and beat for a few seconds to mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you do not have almond butter on hand, use regular butter.
- Cream cheese is a little overwhelming in the dip but we like it this way.
- When using only butter instead of almond butter, add some almond flour or any flour to mellow down the cream cheese flavor.
- Nutrition – Values listed are approximate.