Cottage cheese guacamole dip is a versatile condiment that serves as a dip for chips and veggies, and as a spread on bread.
The theme for this week is chutneys, dips and spreads. The first recipe under this theme is zucchini tomato chutney and for the second day, it is a spread with cottage cheese and guacamole that also doubles down as a spread for bread & toast.
About the recipe
This is a quick, easy and yummy dip prepared in a jiffy. There is no particular recipe as such. Blend in guacamole with cottage cheese and voila, the dip is ready to serve!
For a smooth dip, blend or run in a food processor, cottage cheese, avocado jalapeno peppers and garlic (if using). For a coarse texture, mash together avocado and cottage cheese and throw in rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Cottage cheese and avocado are both high in calories yet, nutritious. Cottage cheese is rich in protein and avocado high in monounsaturated fat that is good in fighting bad cholesterol. Hence, eat this dip in moderation as it is rich in calories as well, besides the healthy components. Though it is a dip, I personally prefer it as a spread on my toast.
More Dip Ideas
How to make Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip/Spread
Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip & Spread
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic optional
- 1 Avocado, about ½ cup after cutting and scooping out the flesh
- ¾ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder adjust to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion or Scallions I used red onion
- 2-3 tablespoon Tomato, pulp removed optional
- 4 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- Take jalapeno pepper and garlic in a food processor bowl, process it for few seconds until jalapeno and garlic are minced.
- Make a cut around avocado, lengthwise. Twist the avocado to separate it into two. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh.
- To the same food processor bowl, add avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, salt, black pepper and process all the ingredients until well blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, throw in rest of the ingredients, mix and chill until ready to serve.
- Use it as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, or use as a spread for bread. I like it better as a spread on bread than as a dip.
- This is a versatile recipe and tweak to suit one’s palate. The dip/spread is mild in taste, hence adjust seasoning to taste.
- If one prefers a coarse texture like guacamole, mash avocado and cottage cheese with a back of a spoon or a fork, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Avocado and cottage cheese, though healthy are rich in calories. Careful when serving it as a dip.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.
- Nutrition – Values listed below are approximate.