Cottage cheese guacamole dip is a versatile condiment that serves as a dip for chips and veggies, and as a spread on bread.
The theme for this week is chutneys, dips and spreads. The first recipe under this theme is zucchini tomato chutney and for the second day, it is a spread with cottage cheese and guacamole that also doubles down as a spread for bread & toast.
About the recipe
This is a quick, easy and yummy dip prepared in a jiffy. There is no particular recipe as such. Blend in guacamole with cottage cheese and voila, the dip is ready to serve!
For a smooth dip, blend or run in a food processor, cottage cheese, avocado jalapeno peppers and garlic (if using). For a coarse texture, mash together avocado and cottage cheese and throw in rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Cottage cheese and avocado are both high in calories yet, nutritious. Cottage cheese is rich in protein and avocado high in monounsaturated fat that is good in fighting bad cholesterol. Hence, eat this dip in moderation as it is rich in calories as well, besides the healthy components. Though it is a dip, I personally prefer it as a spread on my toast.
More Dip Ideas
How to make Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip/Spread
Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip & Spread
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic optional
- 1 Avocado, about ½ cup after cutting and scooping out the flesh
- ¾ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder adjust to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion or Scallions I used red onion
- 2-3 tablespoon Tomato, pulp removed optional
- 4 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- Take jalapeno pepper and garlic in a food processor bowl, process it for few seconds until jalapeno and garlic are minced.
- Make a cut around avocado, lengthwise. Twist the avocado to separate it into two. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh.
- To the same food processor bowl, add avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, salt, black pepper and process all the ingredients until well blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, throw in rest of the ingredients, mix and chill until ready to serve.
- Use it as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, or use as a spread for bread. I like it better as a spread on bread than as a dip.
- This is a versatile recipe and tweak to suit one’s palate. The dip/spread is mild in taste, hence adjust seasoning to taste.
- If one prefers a coarse texture like guacamole, mash avocado and cottage cheese with a back of a spoon or a fork, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Avocado and cottage cheese, though healthy are rich in calories. Careful when serving it as a dip.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.
- Nutrition - Values listed below are approximate.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Priya Srinivasan says
Awesome usha, dip looks delicious and that toast wants me to eat it now!!!
Sapana Behl says
Such a lipsmacking dip you got there. I could finish it all at one go.
This dip looks so creamy and delicious. Beautiful clicks.
Simply awesome Usha. This is new to me and will try it on the LO fingers crossed.
Srivalli Jetti says
Simply awesome Usha, love it as a dip and a spread as well..what a neat and quick one to make!
Suja Ram says
Cant take off eyes from your pics.. Thats such a creamy and yummy dip. My diet allows me Avocado and Cheese as well, so happy to make this. Pls clarify, by cottage cheese, do you mean Paneer or any other Cheese? Also, instead of jalepenos, can I use Chilli?
Suja, cottage cheese in the US is not Indian cottage cheese, paneer. Though the preparation is same, this cottage cheese is liquidy and not as firm as paneer. What you could do to get US cheese consistency is, when you make paneer, run it under water and let the cheese sit in a colander or strainer for few (2-5) minutes until most of the water is drained. Add little salt and little bit of cream (light cream or whipping cream) to get the liquid consistency. Do not hang the cheese for a long period of time as we do for paneer.
Yes, you can use green chilies instead of jalapeno peppers.
i just feel like picking up that toast..and that bowl from the screen ..looks fabulous.
Priya Kumar says
Please pass me this plate with bread.Put two more. So tempted to take them out from my screen. Loved it.
Harini-Jaya R says
Lovely dip there! I have tried dips with cottage cheese and avocado separately. The combination sounds even better.
Priya Suresh says
Such an alluring dip, am sure the addition of the cream cheese will definitely gives a fabulous texture to this guacamole dip.
Wow, such a delicious and creamy dip. Mouthwatering, by look at the spread on the bread toast!!!