Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip & Spread
Cottage cheese guacamole dip is a versatile condiment that serves as a dip for chips and veggies, and as a spread on bread.
Jump to recipe or Pin It for later
Theme of the week
The theme for this week is chutneys, dips and spreads. The first recipe under this theme is zucchini tomato chutney and for the second day, it is cottage cheese guacamole dip that also doubles down as a spread for bread & toast.
What is Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip?
This is a quick, easy and yummy dip prepared in a jiffy. There is no particular recipe as such. Blend in guacamole with cottage cheese and voila, the dip is ready to serve! For a smooth dip, blend or run in a food processor, cottage cheese, avocado jalapeno peppers and garlic (if using). For a coarse texture, mash together avocado and cottage cheese and throw in rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Cottage cheese and avocado are both high in calories yet, nutritious. Cottage cheese is rich in protein and avocado high in monounsaturated fat that is good in fighting bad cholesterol. Hence, eat this dip in moderation as it is rich in calories as well, besides the healthy components. Though it is a dip, I personally prefer it as a spread on my toast.
How to make Cottage Cheese Guacamole Dip/Spread
Preparation: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 cups (approx.)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic (optional)
- 1 medium – large Avocado, about ½ cup after cutting and scooping out the flesh
- ¾ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ – ¾ tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder (adjust to taste)
- ⅛ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion or Scallions (I used red onion)
- 2 – 3 tbsp chopped Tomato, pulp removed (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Take jalapeno pepper and garlic in a food processor bowl, process it for few seconds until jalapeno and garlic are minced.
- Make a cut around avocado, lengthwise. Twist the avocado to separate it into two. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh.
- To the same food processor bowl, add avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, salt, black pepper and process all the ingredients until well blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, throw in rest of the ingredients, mix and chill until ready to serve.
- Use it as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, or use as a spread for bread. I like it better as a spread on bread than as a dip.
- This is a versatile recipe and can be tweaked to suit one’s palate. The dip/spread is mild in taste, hence adjust seasoning to taste.
- If one prefers a coarse texture like guacamole, mash avocado and cottage cheese with a back of a spoon or a fork, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Avocado and cottage cheese, though healthy are rich in calories. Careful when serving it as a dip.