Banana chocolate chip muffins are a great way to use up ripe bananas. These muffins are moist, yummy and made without butter. That was the first reason to pick the recipe. Though bakes with butter tastes lot tastier, in muffins I don’t mind oil at all.
Few years ago I was part of a baking group called sweet and simple bakes. I joined the group late and also missed some baking some of the bakes even after joining the group. The bakes from this group were simple and delicious at the same time. Today’s bake is one of the bakes I missed baking with the group. I am glad I finally got to bake these. Mr. U is not really a muffins person and he ate 4 of the 6 muffins 😮 . Since I have lot of baking to do this month, I made ½ the recipe. If you have any ripe bananas, do try this recipe and it sure is a keeper!
Source: Sweet & Simple Bakes
Total Time: 30 - 35 minutes
Preparation: 10 - 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ Ripe Bananas (medium to large size)
- 60 - 65 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 125 grams All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 50 grams Superfine ~ Caster Sugar (I used regular sugar)
- 75 grams Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mash bananas and keep aside.
- In a small bowl take oil, egg and beat lightly using a whisk.
- In another large bowl take flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and mix well to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Pour egg oil mixture and whisk to mix in the wet ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas and whisk to incorporate to the muffin batter.
- When all the ingredients are blended in, fold in chocolate morsels.
- Pour equal quantities of batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let sit for 2-4 minutes, remove the muffins and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container. These stay fresh for at least 1 ½ days at room temperature.
- I used semi sweet chocolate chip morsels but can use dark or white chocolate chips/morsels or butterscotch chips/morsels.
- Temperatures vary from oven to oven. Depending on the oven, you may have to bake a few minutes less or longer than the required bake time.
This day in 2015: Swedish Chocolate Cake ~ Kladdkaka
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
[inlinkz_linkup id=680533 mode=1]
I've got some over ripe bananas on the table....this looks like a great idea
Srivalli Jetti says
I love how well this has domed on top..looks so good and inviting..
Priya Srinivasan says
Wow, look at that, perfect muffins usha! Love those cute choco chips peeping on top!!
Your banana muffins have the perfect domed tops Usha and they look very moist & yummy!!
Muffins look absolutely delicious and moist.Wish to have some.
Ritu Tangri says
Mmmm...the muffins look so tempting. want to grab now
Priya Suresh says
Wat a pretty looking muffins, i dont mind kickstarting my day with this cuties, they looks just prefect.