It is the beginning of the month and time for yet another Sweet & Simple Bake. This time is White Chocolate and Orange Cookies. I followed the recipe as given and presenting you chocolate orange cookies right out of the oven. I made them this evening.
The Original Recipe is here and I followed it exactly as given, with no substitutions what so ever.
Baking Time: 8-10 minutes
Yields: 3 Dozens (varies on the size)
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of 1 orange (2 to 3 tsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 225g white chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/170 C fan oven/375 F/Gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar. Add the egg, orange zest and vanilla extract.Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients and chocolate chips into the butter mixture and combine.
- Roll into balls. Use your fingers to flatten onto a non-stick baking sheet 5cm/2in apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool for five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cool, store in an airtight container for up to four to five days.