Orange Nutella Ricotta Cheese is a gluten free, 3 ingredients, quick and easy dessert.
Theme of the Week
The theme for this week is gluten free desserts and for the third and final post under this theme is 3 ingredient orange nutella ricotta cheese. The other two posts under this theme are an Indian sweet Moong Dal Payasam and a French dessert Orange Cinnamon Creme Brulee.
Orange Nutella Ricotta Cheese
Today’s recipe is not really a recipe as such. It is something I whipped up to satiate my dessert craving. I liked it and made it 2-3 times in the last 10 days. When searching for recipes to use up leftover cottage cheese from this preparation, I came across a few recipes where cottage is blended with fruit. That reminded me of mascarpone cheese served with grilled fruit. That led to today’s quick & easy recipe.
How to make Orange Nutella Ricotta Cheese
Preparation: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp. Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 small Orange, peeled and segments cut/torn into 2-3 pieces
- In a small bowl mix together Ricotta cheese and Nutella. For a smoother texture, blend it in a food processor or a blender.
- Take orange pieces in a serving bowl, keeping aside 1-2 pieces for garnish.
- Pour ricotta Nutella mixture over oranges, garnish with a small orange segment and serve.
- There is no specific way to serve this dessert. Another way to serve it is to take nutella ricotta cheese in bowl and top it with oranges. Regardless of how it is served, it is a yummy quick and easy dessert, if I can even call it a dessert. It sure does satisfies sudden dessert cravings.
- Though Nutella is gluten free, mind you there could be cross contamination when manufacturing facility.