3 ingredient cookies are soft, buttery, melt in the mouth butter cookies.
Few days ago when searching for sugar cookies recipe, I found this 3 ingredient cookies recipe on youtube. Cookies looked yummy and baked the cookies last week. Cookies tasted some what like shortbread cookies and butter cookies. These are not very sweet and very addictive.
Even the preparation is not that tedious and only drawback is that the cookie dough has to be chilled for ½ hour before baking. But that wasn’t that bad. I refrigerated the dough, made this and by the time I cleaned up the kitchen, it was time to bake the cookies.
I followed the recipe without any changes as it fits this week’s theme, 3 ingredient dishes. However, next time I would add some vanilla extract and/or some fruit zest to enhance the flavor.
When it comes to measuring ingredients of baking, specially flour, I prefer weighing to cup measures. The recipe called for 2 ¼ cups (9oz) of flour and the flour weighed 9 oz with less than 2 cups of flour. Depending on how we fill the cup, quantity of flour varies and hence prefer weighting my ingredients. I am listing both weight and cup measures.
This post again is loaded with pictures and I still have 3 or 4 in the camera which I have not yet downloaded to my laptop. Enjoy the virtual treat!!
3 Ingredient Cookies Recipe
3 Ingredient Cookies
- 6 oz (12 tbsp or 168 grams or ¾ cup) Room temperature Butter
- 3.5 oz (100 grams ~ ½ cup) Superfine Sugar + 2-3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar for sprinkling (I used granulated sugar)
- 9 oz (255 grams ~ 2 ¼ cups) All Purpose Flour
- Beat butter and ½ cup of sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. I used my seven speed handheld mixer on speed 5. It took about 3-5 minutes.
- Add flour and mix until the mixture is crumbly. I used my mixer but can use clean hand by rubbing the flour into butter mixture until crumb like.
- Transfer the dough mixture to a clean surface and continue rubbing by hand.
- Lightly knead the mixture to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a rectangular log.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of sugar on a wax or parchment paper. Roll the dough in it.
- Once the dough log is coated with sugar, transfer to a plastic wrap, wrap the dough log.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Slice the dough into ¼” thick squares and place on a cookie sheet. Place the cookies at least 1” apart as the cookies spread when baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until light golden. I baked on the middle rack for 20 minutes. If the squares are not of even thickness, keep an eye on thin cookies after 18 minutes into baking.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the sheet, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- I left the butter on countertop for about 1 hour to bring it to room temperature.
- Temperatures vary from oven to oven and check cookies 18 minutes into baking. Also, cookies continue to bake even after removing from the oven.
Like the Recipe? Pin It
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#64