Chewy, crunchy, hearty and addictive cookies.
Last recipe for cooking with one ingredient is zucchini oats chocolate cookies. Zucchini is a bland vegetable and is easily to sneak into dishes in a disguise.
Zucchini has high water content and it worked well in this recipe even with 4 tbsps of butter. Cookies were soft and moist though I liked the batch of cookies with 6 tablespoon of butter even moore!! and we all know more butter is yummy, isn't it? Six tablespoons of butter for 30 cookies is not bad at all in my opinion.
Zucchini Oats Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies Recipes
Zucchini Oats Choco Chip Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 4 - 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter at room temperature, check notes
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded Zucchini
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Quick 1 minute Oats, I was out of rolled oats and used quick oats. check notes
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Dry Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop a tablespoon of cookie dough on a lined cookie sheet. Depending on the size of the cookie sheet, bake in two batches. While the first batching is baking, arrange second batch of cookies and keep aside until the first batch is done.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven for 16 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and at this point cookies will be very soft. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes and cookies will continue to bake while cooling.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and cookies stay fresh for at least a week.
- Butter - I baked the cookies with 4 tablespoon and 6 tbsps butter. Both tasted good and if one is health conscious, use 4 tbsp, else use 6 tablespoon butter.
- Oats - Use old fashioned rolled oats and if using only rolled oats, use 1¾ cup and 2 cups for extra crunch. Do not use only quick oats. I was out of rolled oats and used 1 cup each of rolled and quick oats this time. I liked it but would not recommend using only quick oats.
- Nutrition - Values listed are approximate.