Blackberry lime cupcakes are additive, butter free, moist cupcakes frosted with cream cheese frosting.
In this month’s recipe swap, I have to cook from Lizet’s blog. She has a beautiful blog with wide array of bakes. It was so hard to pick one bake!! I loved the pink color blackberry cream cheese frosting and picked it for this month.
This is an easy recipe, mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients in another bowl, combine both and bake! But for the frosting, I would call it a muffin as the procedure is similar to muffins. Regardless, it is yummy bake and frosting is the icing on the cake!
Blackberries are very delicate and needs gentle handling. Both fresh or frozen blackberries work well in this recipe and I used frozen. Flour coat the berries and fold in at to the batter to retain the shape. Else, berries will crush if added along with dry ingredients. Since the berries crush, cupcakes will turn out dark purple. Mine were purple as I mixed berries with dry ingredients and then stirred it into wet ingredients. While stirring dry ingredients, berries got crushed and batter changes color, resulting a in purple cupcakes.
These Cupcakes are great for a snack and dessert.
Blackberry Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Source: Chipa by the Dozen Lizet
Blackberry Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Lime Zest
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 300 grams or 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 200 grams or 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz Cream Cheese soften
- ¼ cup or 56.7 grams/2 oz Butter soften
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest opt
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Blackberry Juice or Lime Juice
- 3 ½ cups or 362.5 gram Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 176C.
- Line muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl combine all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and keep side.
- In a separate bowl take blackberries sprinkle some flour (from above step, about ½ - 1 cup) to coat the blackberries. Generously coat the berries and this will help the berries from sinking to the bottom of the cupcake tin when baking. This is an optional step and check notes below.
- In a large bowl mix oil, eggs, lime zest, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Then gently fold or stir in blackberries.
- Fill lined cupcake/muffin cups with batter ⅔ way and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine took 23 ½ minutes and for mini cupcakes, 17 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, butter, lime zest (if using) and juice until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners sugar.
- Frost cupcakes and refrigerate leftover frosting upto a week.
- Blackberries are very soft and need to be handled with care, else will crush. So, coat blackberries with flour. If one wants to skip this step, add berries to dry ingredients. The only disadvantage of adding blackberries with dry ingredients is, berries will get crushed and batter changes to dark purple color.
- Nutrition - Values mentioned below are approximate.
Please check out the other Recipe Swap Recipes!
- Carrot & Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Coconut Rava Ladoo
- Ghee Rice
- Honey Toasted Sesame Paneer
- Pesto Pasta Chaat
- Gujarati Root Vegetable Stir Fry
- Apple Date Chutney
- Blackberry Lime Cupcakes
- Spicy Mint Quinoa
- Jeera Rice
- Easy Chicken Wraps
- Bengali Dum Aloo
- Andhra Tomato Pickle
- Gulab Jamun Cupcakes
These cupcakes looks absolutely irresistible and especially with that beautiful frosting. My daughter looks cupcake very much. Will try this.
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
Blackberry would have created a beautiful color of the cupcake. My boys would love this. My blackberry plants are doing really well this year and hoping to get a good yield. I will try this for sure!
I'm so amazed of the flavor of the cupcakes..the black berry and lime sounds great with cream cheese frosting
Veena Krishnakumar says
The cupcakes look awesome. Love the colour of the frosting. You have framed it so well. Lovely recipe
cup cakes looks stunning with blackberry. Love the pink colored cream cheese frosting.
Nayna Kanabar says
Black berry and lime what a wonderful combination. These cup cakes look so droolworthy.
how beautiful these cupcakes are looking !! I am sure how flavorful they would be with the lime and blackberries. Awesome recipe !!
Chef Mireille says
I love the frosting and these cupcakes must be so fruity and delicious with the blackberries inside.
Jagruti Dhanecha says
If my girl sees thee cupcakes, she would be after me until I bake some for her. Such a fresh and gorgeous flavours here.
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth says
I would have loved to see how the cupcakes looked like inside with the lovely shade... 🙂 We rarely get blackberries here and they are pretty expensive too... Love the pink color of the frosting that has come by so naturally...
Agree, I should have a taken a picture of cup cupcake. Maybe next time.
These cupcakes look lovely! Nice recipe..
The Girl Next Door says
Oh, my! These cupcakes look like something straight out of a fairytale. 🙂 So pretty! I can imagine just how flavourful they would be, with the lime and blackberries going in. Awesome recipe, very well executed by you.
Lizet Flores de Bowen says
Thanks for making my recipe! they look delicious 🙂