Crunchy broccoli with crispy, nutty moong dal, seasoned with onion, green chilies and garlic. That is broccoli moong dal stir fry! A healthy, nutritious and a delicious side dish for rice and roti.
Broccoli is a good source of Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin A and extremely high in Vitamin C.
Total Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- 1 – 1 ½ tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ small Onion Chopped
- 4 Green Chilies Chopped
- ½ tablespoon garlic Paste or Crushed
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoon Moong Dal Soaked
- Salt to Taste
- 1 small Tomato Chopped (opt. I did not use it this time)
- ½ lb Broccoli Florets
- Soak Moong Dal for at least 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan add cumin and when it starts to pop, add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add green chilies and cook for ½ minute.
- Add garlic and when it turns light golden in color, add turmeric and salt.
- Add moong dal, stir and cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. If using tomatoes, add it cook for another minute or so, until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add broccoli florets, mix well and cover and cook for 2 minutes. Broccoli cooks very fast and I like my broccoli crunchy.
- Remove the cover, mix it, turn of the flame, cover the pan let it sit for 3-5 minutes .
- Serve immediately as a side dish with rice or with roti.
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.