No churn ice cream is a 2 ingredient, creamy, homemade ice cream. It is one of the easiest homemade ice cream recipes and all you need is whipping cream, condensed milk and an electric mixer!
This recipe was initially posted as a brownie ice cream combo in Sept 2015.
What is churned ice cream?
Ice cream is usually churned while it is freezing to minimize the ice crystals in it. Churning aerates the mixture, therefore gives a smooth, creamy ice cream. Using an ice cream maker takes care of churning the ice cream while it is freezing.
No Ice cream Maker?
Not a problem! An alternative is a no churn method. Basic no churn vanilla ice cream is very easy to make and a fun activity to get the children involved in the process during their summer break.
2 Ingredient Ice cream
- Heavy whipping cream - Since this is a no churn recipe, to get a smooth, creamy texture, use heavy whipping cream.
- Sweet condensed milk
- Vanilla Extract - this is the 3rd ingredient but since it is used in a very small quantity, it is not counted as a major ingredient though extract determines the flavor of the ice cream.
Whip heavy whipping cream and fold it with condensed milk. Freeze it for 6 hours and that’s it. The only complex prep work is whipping cream until soft peaks are formed and off course, waiting for 6 hours for the ice cream to set.
Can you make other flavors ?
Yes you can. I only tried ice creams with flavored extracts. I tried vanilla and almond flavored ice creams. Oreo cookie ice cream is another one which will yield very good ice cream. Fold in crushed crushed Oreo cookies to ice cream.
Kids Friendly Summer Cooler
Easy homemade ice cream is the best way to consume ice cream at home and also involve children in the preparation process. No churn ice cream is a kids friendly summer cooler that is kids approved. Involve your children in the preparation and it is great DIY ice cream this summer.
How to Serve Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Serve ice cream as it is or with you children's favorite topping. Another alternative is serving it with some brownie. Here is the ultimate brownie recipe you see in the photos. Source of today's recipe is here.
No Churn Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
No Churn Ice Cream
- Electric Mixer
- 1 can (14 oz / 396 gm) Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream or Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whip heavy cream until it is stiff, about 3 minutes with an electric hand mixer.
- Mix a scoop or two of whipped cream into the condensed milk. This will lighten the condensed milk and will make it easy to fold in the rest of the cream.
- Transfer remaining whipped cream to condensed milk and gently fold using the low setting on the hand mixer. Do not over fold, which could deflate the cream.
- Transfer condensed milk cream mixture (ice-cream) to a freezer safe container. Smooth the top and place a piece of wax paper on the top of the ice-cream and gently press it onto the ice-cream. This prevents formation of ice crystals on the top.
- Let it freeze for at least 6 hours. For a firmer ice-cream, freeze longer. For the best texture and flavor, eat it within two weeks. I made it 11 days ago and it is still fresh.
- Flavors - Use any flavor you like. I tried almond extract.
- Oreo Cookies - Fold in crushed Oreo cookies for Oreo cookie ice cream. In the above recipe you will need one and half dozen cookies. Adjust the cookies to your liking.
- Nuts - Finely chopped nuts are a nice addition to this ice cream
This is my contribution to Kid's Delight - Summer Coolers, an event started by Valli and I am hosting it this month.
Though I always prefer chocolate ice cream would not mind having vanilla ice cream when served with brownie and lot of chocolate sauce and nuts. Absolute delight and your pics are tempting me.
Awesome ! I have always lived this combo ! But come to think of it vanilla is such a versatile flavor - I actually don’t mind enjoying some right now , it’s peak summers !
Usha Rao says
Yes, it is sizzling hot and this ice cream is just perfect to beat the heat! Thanks Vaishali
Suma Gandlur says
I wouldn't mind that bowl of brownie and ice cream. The classic combo looks super tempting. I have never tried making ice creams at home and this one seems an apt one for the beginners. Will remember to try this easy breezy ice cream during Summer.
Usha Rao says
Please do try Suma. It gives best results.
Awesome way to start the marathon Usha. Pictures are just amazing. Brownies and ice cream look so delicious. My kids would LOVE this.
Priya Srinivasan says
Please pass me that bowl usha!! literally drooling over the pics, awesome combo !!
Breathtaking clicks and the first picture of your brownie bowl asking me to finish rite now, couldnt stop myself drooling here..
This is one combo that is delicious and yum . Right now my girls are planning a party right now and this is a something that they want me to make. Thanks.
Vaishali Sabnani says
The most loved combo, and I love that ice cream , sounds so so easy, but I know you need to get that perfect consistency. Loved it Usha, bothe the brownies and the ice cream. A beautiful start to the marathon.
wow super easy ice cream. Will try it soon.
Lovely combo and the pictures came out very well Usha..
Wow! Awesome combo!Pics look so good Usha....
Sneha datar says
Irresistible and mouthwatering combo.
Gayathri Kumar says
This no churn ice cream looks absolutely inviting with the brownies Usha.
Stunning pictures, Usha. My older one saw these pictures and wanted to bake a brownie and top it off with store bought ice cream 🙂
Suma Gandlur says
What caught my attention was not the combo but the recipes you have chosen to go with. They both are easily doable and the final result looks delectable.
mouthwatering...this is so beautifully captured....i expected this , ofcourse..beautiful pictures from you...
I too have this combo in my list and your pictures are just wow...
Wow such a classic combo.Love the melting chocolate topped over brownies.Very good starting recipe.
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
I really hate that your photo are so breathtaking - I am so jealous
The pictures are stunning Usha..and this combo is something that's always such a hit!
all the best on the blog marathon. Thats quite a task doing it for a whole month but you would pull it very well. This ice cream is a kilelr recipe. will make it soon.