Moist, gooey ultimate chocolate brownies are sinfully delicious! A great snack, dessert and makes a great homemade edible gift. Double chocolate; cocoa powder and chocolate chips are irresistible and you will want more of it.
About the recipe
This recipe is from back of Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips bag. Some of the recipes on back of the ingredient boxes/bags are really good and Hershey's ultimate chocolate brownies is one of them.
I made half the recipe and it was way too much for just the two of us. As usual, I ended up eating most of the brownies as husband does not have a sweet tooth.
Brownies are on a sweeter side. You can add some nuts to balance of the sweetness. If you have a sweet tooth, follow the recipe as is. Even otherwise, addition of nuts gives these a different taste.
How to serve?
Serve the brownies as is or with some vanilla ice cream. I often serve it with no churn ice-cream, a 2 ingredient recipe. These brownies are great to pack as a school snack or even after school snack. Anyone would love to receive these as edible gifts.
Ultimate brownie recipe
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
- Mixing Bowl
- Handheld mixer or a whisk
- 8" square baking pan
- ⅜ cup Cocoa
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Butter melted & divided
- ¼ cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ + ⅙ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8” square baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in a medium – large bowl.
- Stir in ½ the melted butter (that is ⅙ cup of melted butter).
- Add boiling water and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add sugar, remaining butter (remaining ⅙ cup melted butter), egg and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla extract and blend until all the ingredients are blended in.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until brownies begins to pull away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 – 20 pieces or to a desired size.
- Sugar – I left the brownies were bit on the sweeter side. Next time I would add 1 or 2 tbsp. less sugar OR cut back on semi-sweet chocolate chips and add some nuts instead.
- Nuts – While I was eating the brownies wished I added some nuts. If one likes nuts, add few chopped nuts along with chocolate chips.
- Nutrition - Values listed are approximate.