Moist, gooey ultimate chocolate brownies are sinfully delicious! A great snack, dessert and makes a great homemade edible gift. Double chocolate; cocoa powder and chocolate chips are irresistible and you will want more of it.
Table of contents
About the recipe
This recipe is from back of Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips bag. Some of the recipes on back of the ingredient boxes/bags are really good and Hershey's ultimate chocolate brownies is one of them.
I made half the recipe and it was way too much for just the two of us. As usual, I ended up eating most of the brownies as husband does not have a sweet tooth.
Brownies are on a sweeter side. You can add some nuts to balance of the sweetness. If you have a sweet tooth, follow the recipe as is. Even otherwise, addition of nuts gives these a different taste.
How to serve?
Serve the brownies as is or with some vanilla ice cream. I often serve it with no churn ice-cream, a 2 ingredient recipe. These brownies are great to pack as a school snack or even after school snack. Anyone would love to receive these as edible gifts.
Ultimate brownie recipe
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
- Mixing Bowl
- Handheld mixer or a whisk
- 8" square baking pan
- ⅜ cup Cocoa
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Butter melted & divided
- ¼ cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ + ⅙ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8” square baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in a medium – large bowl.
- Stir in ½ the melted butter (that is ⅙ cup of melted butter).
- Add boiling water and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add sugar, remaining butter (remaining ⅙ cup melted butter), egg and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla extract and blend until all the ingredients are blended in.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until brownies begins to pull away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 – 20 pieces or to a desired size.
- Sugar – I left the brownies were bit on the sweeter side. Next time I would add 1 or 2 tbsp. less sugar OR cut back on semi-sweet chocolate chips and add some nuts instead.
- Nuts – While I was eating the brownies wished I added some nuts. If one likes nuts, add few chopped nuts along with chocolate chips.
- Nutrition - Values listed are approximate.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Priya Srinivasan says
Perfecto !!! feel like baking something chocolate-y now!!!
Bookmarking Usha. I am to make soemthing chocolatey and this is something, that will for the time being, keep the mouths sealed for sometime atleast.
Vaishali Sabnani says
The brownies look perfectly baked and tempting..super ones.
brownies and ice cream great combo.. great start for the BM
Brownies look so good stacked up like this..
Gayathri Kumar says
Brownies look so yum.
Brownies came out so perfect .
Usha those brownies are so sinful!..I have the same leaflet from this brand..will have to try it..
Brownies turned out just perfect Usha.
Sneha datar says
Wow Yummy brownies.
Suja Ilangovan says
The brownies look so perfect, Usha. Love them!!