Fire roasted corn stir fry is a quick snack prepared with frozen roasted corn kernels. Roasted corn is stir fried for few minutes with onions and green chilies until flavors blend in. Using frozen fire roasted corn makes it easy and semi homemade.
Corn is one of my favorite foods and eat it in any form, anytime of the day. My freezer is usually well stocked with frozen corn and I usually make buttered sweet corn or sauteed sweet corn. These are my go to recipes when I need to fix something for myself.
Ever since I discovered frozen fire roasted corn kernels, it has replaced sweet corn kernels. I thaw fire roasted corn in microwave and season it to taste just like I do with sweet corn.
Yesterday when I saw Vaishali's burnt corn stir fry recipe in my Feedly, I had to make it right way. I made it yesterday itself but decide not to take pictures as there wasn’t enough natural light so made it again today on the pretext of the blog!
Whole Food sells frozen fire roasted corn and using these corn kernels makes this yet another semi homemade recipe, that is done in a jiffy! First day I used only green chilies and today used both green chilies and back pepper powder to season corn. Both tasted great! One can use a combination of green chilies, chili powder and black pepper as per your preference.
Fire Roasted Corn Stir Fry Recipe
Fire Roasted Corn Stir Fry
- 1 cup frozen Fire Roasted Corn
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped Onions
- 2 Green Chilies or 1 tsp. chopped Green Chilies
- ¼ Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper Powder optional. If using, adjust green chilies accordingly to taste
- Lime Juice I used lemon and forgot to measure, about 1 teaspoon approx.
- Cilantro ~ Kothmir chopped for garnish
- Microwave corn in a microwave safe bowl for 2½ minutes.
- Chop onion, green chilies and keep aside.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and saute onion and green chilies for few seconds.
- Add corn, salt, pepper powder if using and saute for 2-3 minutes until flavors blend in.
- Remove from fire, sprinkle lime/lemon juice, garnish with cilantro.
- Serve as a snack.
- For seasoning use just green chilies or combination of green chilies, black pepper and chili powder. Some chat masala might be a nice variation as well.
- If you do not have fire roasted frozen corn, roast corn on the cob on direct fire, let cool and then cut the kernels from the cob. Follow the above recipe, skipping the microwave step.