Sauteed sweet corn kernels is a quick and easy snack.
My theme this week is redoing old posts. There are many posts from my early days of blogging that are not SEO friendly with bad images. Fried or sauteed sweet corn kernels is one of them.
When I redo old posts, I update the post with new images or re-edited old images. I also edit the post to make it SEO friendly. The plan was to do the same even today. However, when I realized both the title and link of the post are not SEO friendly, I changed my mind. I figured it is better to do a new post rather than having broken links by editing the link URL.
Why Sweet Corn Kernels
Corn is one of my favorite grain and vegetable, and love it in any form. Sweet corn is my go to food when I need to fix something for myself. I either saute corn or make this frozen corn kernels, another quick and easy sweet corn snack.
How to make Sauteed Corn Kernels
Sweet corn kernels are sauteed with some onion, green chilies, garlic and few spices to make this delicious snack. This is under 15 minutes recipe and makes a wonderful breakfast, snack or even a side dish for grilled meats.
Sauteed Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4-6 Curry Leaves opt
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¾ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ small size Onion chopped
- 5 Green Chillies chopped adjust to your taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste/Crushed
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 14.5 oz bag of frozen Sweet Corn Kernels
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leave, mustard seeds and cumin. Let the seeds splutter.
- Add onion and green chillies and saute.
- When onions are translucent, add garlic and mix well.
- Throw in turmeric, salt and give a quick stir.
- Add corn kernels, milk and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until corn is cooked.
- Remove the cover and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
This day in 2017: Chana Dal Goat Curry