Healthy baked chocolate oats is an eggless and no butter bake. It makes a great breakfast and a quick snack or even a dessert when served with some whipped cream and some berries. Tired of regular cooked oats or instant oats, try this healthy baked chocolate oats for a change and you will love it!
I bookmarked this recipe when we did oats bakes for home bakers challenge last year. Then I made yummy oats butterscotch cookies and bookmarked healthy baked chocolate oats for later. Baked oats recipe serves one and is a great recipe for bachelors, college students and when cooking for one.
This is a no mess, quick and easy bake. Mix all the ingredients, pour in a ramekin and bake until set. That’s it, the bake is done!! Serve it with some berries and whipped cream or some caramel sauce to make it exotic. I had some leftover whipped cream from Black Forest cake and used it as a topping for baked chocolate oats. One can also use store bought whipped cream.
Source: Southern In Law
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Preparation: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
- ½ cup (45g) Gluten Free Rolled Oats or Quick Oats (I used Old Fashioned Oats)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon (10g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (It is going to be very bitter and use some sweetener. I used honey)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoon (30g) Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ cup Milk (I used fat free milk and can use almond milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Honey (optional and can use maple syrup or any sweetener if you don’t like the bitter taste of dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Lightly grease a small ramekin and keep aside.
- Take all the ingredients listed above, in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour in a ramekin and bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until set & firm. I baked for 23 minutes. After 20 minutes, the bake was firm on the top and looked a bit wobbly inside and hence baked for 23 minutes. Next time, I want to see how the wobbly in the inside bake tastes like.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I served mine with some whipped cream & sliced almonds.
Topping Suggestions (copy pasting from source recipe):
- Strawberries and Cream – Freshly sliced strawberries with a drizzle of cream, coconut milk, creme anglaise or even whipped cream for a decadent yet healthy treat!
- Chunky Monkey – Top with peanut butter/almond butter and freshly sliced banana.
- Chocolate Caramel – Caramel Sauces with different flavor.
This day in 2015: Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Apple Cake
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
[inlinkz_linkup id=680533 mode=1]