Healthy baked chocolate oats is an eggless and no butter bake. It makes a great breakfast and a quick snack or even a dessert when served with some whipped cream and some berries. Tired of regular cooked oats or instant oats, try this healthy baked chocolate oats for a change and you will love it!
I bookmarked this recipe when we did oats bakes for home bakers challenge last year. Then I made yummy oats butterscotch cookies and bookmarked healthy baked chocolate oats for later. Baked oats recipe serves one and is a great recipe for bachelors, college students and when cooking for one.
This is a no mess, quick and easy bake. Mix all the ingredients, pour in a ramekin and bake until set. That's it, the bake is done!! Serve it with some berries and whipped cream or some caramel sauce to make it exotic. I had some leftover whipped cream from Black Forest cake and used it as a topping for baked chocolate oats. One can also use store bought whipped cream.
Source: Southern In Law
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Preparation: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
- ½ cup (45g) Gluten Free Rolled Oats or Quick Oats (I used Old Fashioned Oats)
- ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon (10g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (It is going to be very bitter and use some sweetener. I used honey)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoon (30g) Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ cup Milk (I used fat free milk and can use almond milk)
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Honey (optional and can use maple syrup or any sweetener if you don’t like the bitter taste of dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Lightly grease a small ramekin and keep aside.
- Take all the ingredients listed above, in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour in a ramekin and bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until set & firm. I baked for 23 minutes. After 20 minutes, the bake was firm on the top and looked a bit wobbly inside and hence baked for 23 minutes. Next time, I want to see how the wobbly in the inside bake tastes like.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I served mine with some whipped cream & sliced almonds.
Topping Suggestions (copy pasting from source recipe):
- Strawberries and Cream - Freshly sliced strawberries with a drizzle of cream, coconut milk, creme anglaise or even whipped cream for a decadent yet healthy treat!
- Chunky Monkey - Top with peanut butter/almond butter and freshly sliced banana.
- Chocolate Caramel - Caramel Sauces with different flavor.
This day in 2015: Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Apple Cake
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
[inlinkz_linkup id=680533 mode=1]
Srivalli Jetti says
That really sounds so interesting Usha..I somehow don't like Oats much..maybe I can try these to get over that..
I am drooling over this chocolate oats . Delicious.
Priya Srinivasan says
Wow, such a delectable and easy bake, looks totally sinful usha!
That almost looks like a decadent dessert Usha. Truly a healthy dish.
Priya Suresh says
Omg, this baked chocolate oats is torturing me, sounds prefect for me to make some during my upcoming holidays.
Ritu Tangri says
I'm not fond of oats, but these baked chocolate oats seems to make me fall in love with them.