Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is creamy and delicious. It makes a great starter for any meal or a great week night dinner when served with some bread.
Instant Pot (IP) Vegetable Soup
This is an easy soup prepared in IP pressure cooker. It is an easy peasy recipe. Dump all the ingredients in IP or pressure cooker or even in a stock pot and cook until veggies are soft and tender.
If using lentils or beans, cook until these are soft as these take longer to cook. Then blend it and soup is ready to serve!! It is as simple as this and makes a wonderful healthy addition to weeknight dinners.
Which veggies to use?
You can use any veggies of choice. I used carrots, celery, beetroot, bottle gourd (substitute zucchini), cauliflower and tomatoes. Other veggies that would work great in in this recipe are cabbage, green beans, mushrooms, potato, broccoli, spinach and any green leafy vegetables.
I like leafy vegetables in soups but held back today because shooting green soups is a little tricky and I still have a photographer’s block after six months of blogging break.
How many veggies to use?
There is no limit on how many varieties of veggies to use. Just use as many as you like but do not go overboard with too many varieties of veggies. When making thick, creamy soups, use more veggies and less water/stock.
In this recipe, for 3 – 3 ½ cups of chopped veggies, I used 1 ½ cups of liquid; 1 cup stock and ½ cup water. Basically water/stock should be just below the level of vegetables. If the soup is too thick, add more liquid when blending. It is always better to add less than trying to fix a thin soup.
Theme of the Week – Colorful Food
The theme for this week’s blogging marathon is colorful food. The first two days it was light orange Carrot Sabudana Kheer and pink strawberry shrikhand, respectively. For the final day it is vegetable soup.
IP Vegetable Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 small Carrot sliced
- ⅓ Celery Stalk sliced
- ½ small Beetroot peeled and chopped
- 3″ long Bottle Gourd peeled and diced
- 2 big Florets Cauliflower cut into small Florets, about ¾ cup
- 1 big Vine Tomato chopped, about ¾ cup
- 1 cup Stock or Water I used bone stock
- 1 tablespoon Moong Dal
- 5 Peppercorns adjust to taste
- ¾ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Wash and cut the vegetables.
- Wash dal and keep aside.
- Take all the ingredients in inner vessel of the instant pot and add about ½ cup of water. The water + stock level should be slightly below the level of vegetables.
- Plug the instant pot, cook on manual/pressure cook for 5 minutes, vent sealed.
- It will take about 10 minutes for pressure to build up and then pressure cooks for 5 minutes.
- Let pressure release manually, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and let the soup cool.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup. Or use a blender. I used my Vitamix and soup is very smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasoning and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve hot.
Like the recipe, Pin It.