For this week’s three day blogging marathon, my theme is bhurji recipes. We usually associate bhurji with eggs, followed by paneer (Indian cottage cheese). For this month, Valli challenged us to cook variety of bhurji recipes, not necessarily with eggs. I initially thought of doing eggless bhurji recipes and later decided to include the eggs as well, though the key ingredient is/are vegetable(s). I hope you like the recipes. Also do check my other bhurji recipes; egg bhurji , paneer bhurji, scrambled tofu.
Egg Bhurji is Indian style scrambled egg with onions and greens chilies. There are many variations to egg bhurji and one such is Mumbai / Bombay style egg bhurji. Onions are a common ingredient in Indian egg scramble and rest of the ingredients vary depending on the region and from household to household. I already have an egg bhurji recipe on the blog and while I was surfing the net for other variations, I found Mumbai style bhurji which has Pav bhaji masala as one of the ingredients. Rest of the ingredients and the preparation is similar to my recipe.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2-3 tbsp. Oil
- 1” Ginger, chopped approximately 1 teaspoon when chopped
- 4 Green Chilies, chopped approximately 2 tsp.
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- ⅓ - ½ cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- ½ cup chopped Tomatoes
- ¾ tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp. Pav Bhaji Masala
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cumin Powder
- 3 Eggs
- Cilantro to garnish
- Cube of butter for garnish (opt)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and sauté Ginger, green chilies, onion and bell peppers until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, salt and cook until tomatoes are soft, about couple of minutes.
- Add Pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder and give a good stir.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Take eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk / beat with a fork.
- Pour it over onion mixture and stir immediately to make a scramble.
- Cook for few minutes until egg is cooked.
- Sprinkle cilantro and turn of the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, place a dollop of butter in the scrambled egg.
- Serve with Pav or bread.
This day in 2011: Carrot Pulihora
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#62