Last Updated on
Pita chips are wedges of pita bread baked in the oven. These crispy chips can be served with baba ganoush, hummus or any dips. One nice dip to serve these chips is with white beans dip.
I made these chips to serve with baba ganoush. These chips are quick and easy to prepare in less than 15 – 20 minutes. I used white pita bread and, seasoned the chips with garlic, salt and a pinch of black pepper. One can use spices of their own preference for the seasoning. Since I was serving with baba ganoush, I used just a pinch of pepper but more can be added.
I have pita chips & white beans dip recipe on the blog where I used rosemary, salt and pepper to season the chips. Salt and garlic powder or fresh garlic is also a nice spice blend to season the chips. Be as creative as you want for the seasoning depending on what it is being served with.
Total Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes (to pre-heat the oven)
Bake Time: 10 – 20 minutes (10 minutes per batch)
Yields: 48 chips
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 packet Pita Bread (packet of 6 pita)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or with a parchment paper. I used one large baking sheet and one medium sheet.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges; cut the pita into 4 quarters and then cut each quarter into two wedges.
- Mix together oil, black pepper & garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Take the wedges onto a large baking sheet, pour oil mixture over the wedges. Toss until spices are well coated to the wedges.
- Spread the wedges on the baking sheet and do not over crowd. You will need two sheets.
- Bake each sheet of pita wedges in a preheated 375F oven for 10-12 minutes flipping the wedges once in between. I baked on the middle rack, one sheet for 10 minutes and the other for 12 minutes. The wedges baked for 12 minutes were very crisp and I would recommend baking for 10 minutes.
- Mind you, temperatures vary from oven to oven.
- Serve with baba ganoush, pita chips or any other dips. These stay fresh for at least 2 – 3 days in an airtight container.
This day in 2014: Danish Egg Salad with Mustard Sprouts