Baked pita chips are wedges of pita bread baked in the oven. Serve crispy chips with with baba ganoush, hummus or any dip. White beans dip is one such yummy dip.
I made baked pita chips to serve with baba ganoush. These chips are quick and easy to prepare under 15 - 20 minutes. Use any pita bread and I used white pita bread. Cut the bread into wedges and season with garlic, salt and a pinch of black pepper. You can season chips with spices of your choice. Since I was serving with baba ganoush, I used just a pinch of pepper but more can be added.
I have pita chips & white beans dip recipe on the blog where I used rosemary, salt and pepper to season the chips. Salt and garlic powder or fresh garlic is also a nice spice blend to season the chips. Be as creative as you want for the seasoning depending on what it is being served with.
How to make baked pita chips
Total Time: 20 - 30 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes (to pre-heat the oven)
Bake Time: 10 - 20 minutes (10 minutes per batch)
Yields: 48 chips
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 packet Pita Bread (packet of 6 pita)
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ¾ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or with a parchment paper. I used one large baking sheet and one medium sheet.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges; cut the pita into 4 quarters and then cut each quarter into two wedges.
- Mix together oil, black pepper & garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Take the wedges onto a large baking sheet, pour oil mixture over the wedges. Toss until spices are well coated to the wedges.
- Spread the wedges on the baking sheet and do not over crowd. You will need two sheets.
- Bake each sheet of pita wedges in a preheated 375F oven for 10-12 minutes flipping the wedges once in between. I baked on the middle rack, one sheet for 10 minutes and the other for 12 minutes. The wedges baked for 12 minutes were very crisp and I would recommend baking for 10 minutes.
- Mind you, temperatures vary from oven to oven.
- Serve with baba ganoush, pita chips or any other dips. These stay fresh for at least 2 - 3 days in an airtight container.
This day in 2014: Danish Egg Salad with Mustard Sprouts
Like it recipe? Pit It!