Today’s, bake is a vegan quinoa cookies prepared with flax egg and coconut oil. I used regular chocolate chips and can be made vegan replacing it with vegan chocolate. These cookies have a very soft texture and crumble very fast. This is the first time I used Quinoa flour and loved the nutty flavor.
- 1 cup Quinoa Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted (I microwaved it for 20 – 30 seconds)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, packed (I used dark brown sugar)
- 1 Flax Egg (1tbsp. flax meal + 3 tbsp. water beaten)
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips (I used semi sweet)
- ¼ cup dry roasted Peanuts
- Sea Salt to sprinkle on top of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine quinoa flour baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together sugar, flax egg and coconut oil.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Gently fold flour into wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet, about 2 tbsp. per cookie, flatten slightly and sprinkle sea salt on each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated oven until slightly brown on the edges. Cookies will feel slightly underdone but will continue to cook and harden as they cool.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
- Use store bought quinoa flour as it is superfine.
- To make flax egg, combine 1 tbsp. of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp. of water. Whisk together until it becomes gelatinous.
This day in 2013: Choco Flan