Last Updated on
Welcome back to week 4 of this month long baking marathon. For 4th week I had initially planned on doing cakes. Husband was reluctant to eat cakes and was willing to taste the muffins. In fact he ate all the muffins I made for this marathon that is, if I left any for him. First three days I will post muffin recipes and the last three days of this week is going to be cakes.
Today’s recipe is a quick and easy muffin recipe with ingredients readily available in any pantry. The only ingredients to buy are strawberries but these berries can be substituted with any berries. The recipe calls for fresh strawberries but frozen, thawed strawberries can also be used. These muffins can be served for breakfast or as a school snack and after school snack.
I made half the recipe and was tempted to make mini muffins. I like mini muffins as it is great way to portion control and always bake mini ones. This time I made regular muffins as I wanted to use up the paper muffin cups I bought few months ago. I bought these paper muffin cups for the BM # 50 goody bag and later decided not to gift these. Now I am left with 4, 20 count muffin cups! If not for the BM meet, I can always use them for the BM baking!
If you are curious to know what all baked this month, check here.
Total Time: 25 – 28 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 – 18 minutes
Yields: 6 regular muffins and aprrox. 12 – 18 mini muffins
- 3 large (100 grams or ¾ cup) Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 96 grams (¾ cup) All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat the oven to 475 F.
- Line regular muffin pan with liners or grease the muffin pan with cooking spray or oil. I used decorative paper muffin cups.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Keep aside
- Take strawberries in a large bowl and mash with a fork or with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add sugar, oil, egg and mix with a spoon (I used wooden spoon) until well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin cups using a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven, middle rack for 15 – 18 minutes until light golden brown or tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine were done in 18 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Take them out of the muffin pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Strawberries – If strawberries are not available, can use frozen strawberries that were thawed and drained.
This day in 2012: English Muffin Pizzas
This day in 2014: Liver Galangal Leaves Chutney & Fish Chutney from Nagaland