Total Time: 18 – 25 minutes
Preparation: 10 – 15 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted Unsalted Butter or Ghee (I used melted butter)
- 1 tbsp. Milk (if required)
- 1 ½ tsp. Lime Zest
- 1 tsp. Superfine Sugar
- 8 Pistachios sliced and broken into small pieces
- Mix together all-purpose flour, confectioners’ sugar, butter/ghee, milk and half the lime zest to make the dough.
- Lightly pound together superfine sugar and remaining lime zest to make a lime coated sugar.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Make 8-10 balls from the dough. I made 8 balls. Make round flat discs from each ball, pressing them in your palm. Press them with your fingers to flatten it as much as you can. Then place them a lined baking sheet and press them again to flatten them more. Thinner the cookie you make, crispier the cookies.
- Sprinkle lime coated sugar on the top of each cookie, followed by pistachios.
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes in the pre heated oven until the edges turn light brown. I baked them for 10 minutes. Remove them immediately from the baking sheet and let them cool completely on a cooling rack. I forgot to remove mine right away and some of my cookies continued to bake and were a little burnt. They were still edible and I finished all the cookies even before U got home from work!
- Once the cookies are cooled, store them in an air tight container.
- Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Check the cookies 6-7 minutes into baking.
- Cookies will continue to bake even after removing from the oven.
- Cookies might be soft when you remove the cookies from the oven, they might be soft but as they cool, they will get crispy.
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.