Curried deviled eggs are spicy and seasoned with curry powder, garam masala and chili powder. Great snack, a starter and a side dish for any occasion!
Recently I joined a group of bloggers to do videos recipes and the theme is kids friendly Easter recipe. Easter always is associated with eggs and deviled eggs sounded like a great recipe to share. I am not a fan of eggs and definitely not deviled eggs unless the yolk mixture is well seasoned. Hence spicy, curried deviled eggs.
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs stuffed with seasoned egg yolks. These eggs are easy to prepare and a great recipe to prepare with kids. To prepare the eggs, cut hard boiled eggs in half, scoop out the yolk, season with spices and mayonnaise, and filled back into whites. Seasoning for classic deviled eggs is mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper. However, for a unique flavor, play with the basic seasoning ingredients.
Today’s recipe is one such recipe. Indian spices such as curry powder and garam masala are spicy hot. Thus are great to obtain a spicy and unique flavor. Serve deviled eggs as a starter, side dish or even as a snack.
Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe
Curried Deviled Eggs
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder plus more for garnish
- ⅛ tsp Garam Masala
- ⅛ tsp Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp Hot Madras Curry Powder
- 1/16 tsp or dash of Garlic Powder (opt)
- 1/16 tsp or dash of Onion Powder (opt)
- Few drops of Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro + more for garnish
- Cut each boiled and peeled eggs in half.
- Scoop out the yolk from each egg into a bowl.
- Throw in all the ingredients into the bowl keeping aside some chili powder and cilantro for garnish.
- Mix everything into a smooth paste.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle some chili powder and cilantro on eggs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and play around with spices of choice. Replace curry powder with garam masala and black pepper.
- Another variation is hot sauce or Sriracha and/or black pepper and herbs of choice.
- I used star tip/nozzle to pipe yolk mixture.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!