Salmon patties are quick, easy and flavorful salmon cakes. Serve it with salad, as a snack or as a patty for burger.
Protein Rich ingredient - Salmon
Theme of the week is cooking with a protein rich ingredient and the ingredient I picked is salmon. The first recipe in the series is pan grilled salmon and today it is easy salmon patties or burgers. Salmon cakes are quick and easy to prepare in under 20 minutes, start to finish. Finish time off course depends on the quantity.
How to prepare fish cakes?
Prepare patties by chopping salmons into tiny pieces, mixing it with spices and herbs, binding with breadcrumbs and then shaping it into round cakes. Size varies depending on how you are serving it. Pan grill the cakes and healthy fresh patties are ready to serve.
How to serve?
Serve it as an appetizer, us it is a patty for burgers or on a bed of salad for main course. Regardless of how you serve, it is rather tasty, healthy and a filling meal.
Salmon Patties Recipe
Fresh Salmon Patties
- 0.4 lbs Salmon
- ⅙ cup loosely packed chopped Cilantro
- ⅙ cup Onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Panko or Plain Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 teaspoon Oil
- Gently pull off the salmon skin.
- Chop salmon into very small pieces, more like mince.
- Transfer salmon to a bowl, add rest of the ingredients, except oil.
- Mix well and shape into 2-3 patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and cook the patties for 2-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and let excess oil drain, if any.
- Serve it on a bed of salad or with some salad on the side or as a patty for burgers.
Like salmon patty recipe? Pin It.