Last Updated on
Korean meal is known to have a wide spread of side dishes or also known as banchan. These side dishes can be blanched vegetables or fermented vegetables such as kimchi. I made bean sprouts salad for my bibimbap, which I made for this month’s “Around the World in 30 Days with ABC Cooking” theme for Korea. This salad can be served as banchan or side dish and it can also be added to bibimbap.
Source: My Korean Kitchen
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 200 grams Bean Sprouts
- ½ tsp. Salt to be added to water
- 5-6 cups Water to blanch the sprouts
- ¾ – 1 tsp. Green Onions chopped
- ½ tsp. minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Roasted Sesame Seeds
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- ¾ tbsp. Sesame Oil
- Rinse bean sprouts in water and discard bad beans.
- Boil water in a saucepan and salt. Add bean sprouts when the water boils and cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- Drain the water and run the beans under cold water.
- Squeeze out excess water from the beans and keep aside on a serving bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the sprouts and toss.
- Serve as a side dish or use it in bibimbap.