Today I have another easy muffin recipe. This is another recipe I baked in India for my nephew. Muffins came out ok but I was not happy with the texture and even these muffins were done in less than 10 minutes in my mom’s oven. As mentioned earlier, I could not figure out my mom's oven settings. When my nephew tasted these muffins, he did not look pleased but slowly finished off all the muffins.
I baked these muffins again 10 days ago and shared some with Nisha & Mireille. Both of them liked the muffins. I followed the recipe as give and made ½ the recipe. When I baked these muffins for my nephew, I left out the spices. If you curious to know what all I posted this month for this baking marathon, check here.
Source: Cook’s Hide Out
Total Time: 26 - 40 minutes
Preparation: 10 - 15 minutes
Bake Time: 16 – 18 minutes mini muffins and 20 – 25 minutes for regular muffins
Yields: 18 mini muffins or 6 regular size muffins
- 4 tbsp. (¼ cup) Vegetable Oil or Butter (I used oil)
- 4 tbsp. (¼ cup) Light or Brown Sugar
- ⅜ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Ripe Banana, mashed (about 2 bananas. I had only 1 banana which was ⅓ cup when mashed)
- 2 tbsp. Honey (I used 1 tbsp. honey and 1 tbsp. sugar as I ran out of honey)
- 1 Egg
- 128 grams (1 cup) Whole Wheat Flour (I used atta)
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl beat oil or butter, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add mashed banana, honey and egg to oil mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin pan cups and bake for 16 – 18 minutes until the tester inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Mine were done in 17 minutes. For regular muffins, bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the muffins cool for couple of minutes in pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
This day in:
2009 - Black & Yellow Chickpeas in Sweet & Sour Spicy Sauce
2010 - Egg Roll
2012 - Fattoush
2014 - Aloo Potala Rasa ~ Pointed Gourd Curry from Orissa
Events: This goes to Anniversary Meal hosted by Srivalli. And do not forget to check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
What a beautiful looking muffins they are! Love the chocolate chip addition 🙂
Priya Srinivasan says
What a perfect shape Usha!!! Love the beautiful dome and for a whole wheat muffins, the texture looks amazing!!!
Gayathri Kumar says
Adorable muffins. Love to grab one off screen...
Usha they have to be ficished one by one... I will do it. These look and sound awesome.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Love a good banana and chocolate chip muffin. These look very delicious!
Sneha datar says
Soft and healthy muffins.
Beautiful crust and muffins looks great!! so addictive!!
Vaishali Sabnani says
Wow Amazing clicks...the muffins look absolutely fantastic.
These look so good !! Guess one can never stop eating muffins..
Lovely muffins... that too with whole wheat flour is amazing
Love the spices in a muffin.
Very Pretty looking muffins, healthy and definitely an addictive one..
If someone made me a batch if these I too would finish them one by one. Muffins came out great. Beautiful crust.
Nice and healthy muffins,loved the way you presented and the warm tone of the clicks..
Muffins look great! Must have tasted awesome!
Thank you so much for sending across for the Mela..such lovely looking muffins..and like that you have given in smaller measurements as well..:)
These wholewheat banana muffins were a hit in my home. They don't even taste whole wheat-y either. Love your moody clicks.
Suma Gandlur says
The cinnamon-nutmeg combo must have made these muffins more flavorful.
that should have been so aromatic.. looks so delicious and tasty!!