Today I have another easy muffin recipe. This is another recipe I baked in India for my nephew. Muffins came out ok but I was not happy with the texture and even these muffins were done in less than 10 minutes in my mom’s oven. As mentioned earlier, I could not figure out my mom's oven settings. When my nephew tasted these muffins, he did not look pleased but slowly finished off all the muffins.
I baked these muffins again 10 days ago and shared some with Nisha & Mireille. Both of them liked the muffins. I followed the recipe as give and made ½ the recipe. When I baked these muffins for my nephew, I left out the spices. If you curious to know what all I posted this month for this baking marathon, check here.
Source: Cook’s Hide Out
Total Time: 26 - 40 minutes
Preparation: 10 - 15 minutes
Bake Time: 16 – 18 minutes mini muffins and 20 – 25 minutes for regular muffins
Yields: 18 mini muffins or 6 regular size muffins
- 4 tbsp. (¼ cup) Vegetable Oil or Butter (I used oil)
- 4 tbsp. (¼ cup) Light or Brown Sugar
- ⅜ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Ripe Banana, mashed (about 2 bananas. I had only 1 banana which was ⅓ cup when mashed)
- 2 tbsp. Honey (I used 1 tbsp. honey and 1 tbsp. sugar as I ran out of honey)
- 1 Egg
- 128 grams (1 cup) Whole Wheat Flour (I used atta)
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl beat oil or butter, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add mashed banana, honey and egg to oil mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin pan cups and bake for 16 – 18 minutes until the tester inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Mine were done in 17 minutes. For regular muffins, bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the muffins cool for couple of minutes in pan and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
This day in:
2009 - Black & Yellow Chickpeas in Sweet & Sour Spicy Sauce
2010 - Egg Roll
2012 - Fattoush
2014 - Aloo Potala Rasa ~ Pointed Gourd Curry from Orissa
Events: This goes to Anniversary Meal hosted by Srivalli. And do not forget to check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51