3 Ingredient pork chops are super easy to prepare and taste wonderful with some veggies on the side or as a fillet for sandwiches.
Theme of the Week
My theme for this week is 3 ingredient recipes. When brainstorming for 3 ingredient recipes, all I could think of is smoothies/milkshakes and desserts! After doing gluten free desserts last week, sweet recipes are at the bottom of my list. Hence, the focus is on savory recipes. The problem with savory recipes is, unless seasoning is optional or seasoning ingredients are grouped as one, it is a challenge. Sticking to this thought, yesterday it was 3 ingredient tomato cheese toast where seasoning is optional and today it is 3 ingredient pork chops where all the seasoning ingredients count as one ingredient.
3 Ingredient Pork Chops
Pork chops, oil and seasoning are the 3 ingredients for this recipe. Seasoning is a blend of black pepper, chili powder, roasted cumin powder, salt and ginger garlic paste. For a dry seasoning mix, substitute ginger garlic paste with ginger powder and garlic powder. Since I always have ginger garlic paste handy, I use the paste instead of powders.
Super Easy Recipe
This is a super easy pork chops recipe. Season pork chops, pan grill and serve. It is as simple as that! However, since I am a marination freak, I marinate pork chops for at least an hour or overnight, making this the only time consuming step of the recipe. Otherwise, it is a 10 minute recipe.
Thickness of Pork Chops
The key to this quick and easy recipe is the thickness of the chop. Regardless of the cut of the pork chop; boneless pork chop or butterflied pork chop, the key is to pound the chop to flatten the meat. I ask the meat guy at the meat counter to do this for me. If it is a boneless pork chop, cut it in to two and then pound it, and if it is a butterflied chop, just pound it a bit, for a thinner chop. This time it is butterflied chop and for plating purposes, I cut the chop into to two.
Serve 3 ingredient pork chops with some sauteed veggies and this time it is 3 ingredient sauteed English green peas. Husband eats the chops with some yogurt or as a sandwich.
How to Cook Pork Chops
- 1 0.33 lbs or 150 grams Boneless Pork Chop or Butterflied Pork Chop (check note)
- Season of choice
- ¼ – ½ tsp Oil
- ⅙ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ⅛ tsp Roasted Cumin
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Salt adjust to taste
- ¼ – ½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste can use ginger powder & garlic powder
- Take chops in a dish, sprinkle seasoning and rub into chops.
- Marinate for 1 – 2 hours or overnight. If marinating for more than 24 hours, add some turmeric to seasoning. It is optional but acts as a preservative.
- If refrigerating, bring the chops to room temperature. Keep it on the counter for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. I use a cast iron pan. When the pan and oil are hot, place the chops in the pan, cover ¾ – ⅝ of the way and cook on medium – medium high flame for about 3 minutes or until bottom is charred.
- Uncover, flip chops, cover the pan partky and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until chops are cooked and juices run clear.
- Remove from pan and serve with some roasted vegetables or use it as a fillet for sandwiches.
- Pork Chops – I usually ask the butcher at the meat counter to cut a pork chop into two and pound it to flatten the chop. When butterflied pork chops are in stock, I get those. Depending on how thick the chop is, I ask the butcher to pound it, to flatten the meat. Thinner the chop, faster it cooks.
- Seasoning – I use simple homemade seasoning for this recipe. One can use any seasoning; creole, cajon, Italian seasoning, etc.
Like the recipe, Pin It for later!
This day in:
2010 – Paneer Tikka Kebab
2016 – Egg Pulao
2017 – Multi Colored Vermicelli Pudding ~ Vermicelli Kheer